Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 4000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
We’ve spent the last 15 years mastering the art of transforming complex problems into ingenious, impactful solutions. From our app, to in-store, to Klarna online, we make shopping smoooth for 90 million consumers and 250,000 retailers worldwide. We’ve just launched Give One to walk the walk and fight the climate and biodiversity crisis. We’re on a journey to discover what happens when we apply Klarna’s recipes for success to solving the planet’s biggest problems. If you’re interested in taking this journey with us, we want to hear from you.
Who you are
Klarna is looking for ambitious people with significant drive. You should be passionate about your work and enjoy a fast paced international working environment. At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent. Brand designers and art directors at Klarna are fundamental players in the strategy, conception and design of beautiful and meaningful ideas and products. Bringing exceptional creative thought and well-crafted execution, the designers shape innovative brand experiences and possess broad, up-to-date knowledge of the most innovative communication trends. We pride ourselves on making each project as cool as it can be, and we throw in a bunch of fun while doing it.
What you will do
- Create art direction and design for visual campaigns for different formats and platforms for Give One (a sustainability initiative by Klarna, operated as a sub-brand)
- Lead projects into original and unexpected creative solutions while maintaining brand consistency throughout all our marketing projects
- Collaborate with PMs, designers and copywriters to challenge and create the most compelling and successful design and/or art direction possible
- Take responsibility for the quality and execution of design and be creative throughout all phases of a project across a broad range of digital and sometimes physical touchpoints
- Be a hands-on and strong conceptual creative. No creative task is too small or too big
- Conceptualize innovative ideas and pitch them to stakeholders in an engaging and convincing manner
- Work with different teams and partners in setting the right tonality in our different communication channels according to our design guidelines and brand DNA
- Facilitate feedback with a positive attitude from different teams while ensuring relevant feedback is captured, properly validated, and implemented
- Oversee and be involved in creative production with external partners
- Manage, direct and review the work of junior designers
You should have
- Experience creating art direction and design for aspirational brands who are creatively ambitious, and a portfolio that shows bold visual communication
- Minimum 5 years of proven experience, both from the creative agency side as well as brand side
- Exceptional design and layout skills, great eye for composition, colour and typography. You know how to work with digital as well as print design
- Detail oriented. You think of every little detail in a set or design, from manicure to colour of the wall paper to font sizeIdeation experience
- Our creatives are expected to bring a multitude of ideas to the table, in a fast paced manner
- You love to get your hands dirty and translate high level strategy into well crafted execution
- Articulation skills. You present concepts and solutions in an engaging manner to internal stakeholders, and you know how to sell a pitch
- Experience working with photographers, directors, set-designers and stylists, to create emotional visual stories with clear purposes
- Ability to work quickly within a fast-paced environment and remain focused under pressure without compromising quality
- A team player who is happy to share ideas, take constructive feedback from teammates and go the extra mile when required
- Collaboration skills. You will have the opportunity to work with experts in various fields and will be expected to constantly share and iterate your work together with others
- You are working with design for communication that demonstrates exceptional creativity, conceptual thinking and attention to detail
- Experience in mentoring and managing junior designers is a plusExceptional English skills in written and oral communication
We offer you a diversely international working environment filled with talented, creative and intelligent colleagues. As an employee at one of the fastest growing companies in online payments and e-commerce worldwide, you will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level. If this sounds as exciting to you as it does to us, we look forward to hearing from you.
How to apply
Send over a CV in English and a portfolio is essential in order for us to review your application
Note: A portfolio is an essential element of the application for an Art director role at Klarna. Applicants who do not supply a link or PDF with samples of their work can unfortunately not be considered.
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.
- Typ av kontrakt
- Heltidsjobb (förstajobb)
- Typ av jobb
- Civilingenjör / Arkitekt, IT
- Körkort önskas
- Tillgång till bil önskas
- Personligt brev krävs