We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
What a Sr Site Reliability System Engineer Engineer does at EA:
Modern video games rely on many different services behind the scenes. From matchmaking, marketplace, social features , anti-cheat detection, leaderboards, and server-side physics calculations. This ever-changing and ever-growing ecosystem exposes new operational challenges with every new game launch.
The Sr Site Reliability System Engineer works as part of a team responsible for the design of the system architecture, server infrastructure management and advanced technical support. She/he also provides technical leadership required to effectively deliver high-quality, timely IT solutions and services that meet EA’s business needs.
The role is a part of a high performing team in a fast-paced organization, requiring partner and business focus. As well as demonstrated skills tied to leadership, people, communication, analytics and adaptability.
- Provides effective solutions to the most complex operations engineering problems
- Long term thinking with respect to major design and technology choices
- Operate with complex reporting relationships to reconcile competing priorities and achieve business unit objectives
- Communicates at an expert level via code or markup, documentation as well as verbally with both peers and partners
- Collaborates with architects across functions to help set and instrument architectural direction for delivering highly reliable, scalable, and operable solutions
- Partners with development teams, DBAs and QA in a DevOps model of agile development process
- Work with technical leadership to influence and impact organizational direction
- Rapidly adapt to new and changing situations to quickly solve problems and find new directions
- Drives continuous improvement through change management procedures – designing, definition of roadmaps, standardization of processes and methodologies
- Demonstrates entrepreneurial perspective in the ideation and implementation of products and services to accelerate growth
- Periodic rotational 24 hours on call support
The next great Sr Site Reliability System Engineer also needs:
- Experience designing highly available solutions at scale with security and performance
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools (Preferred: Chef and/or Puppet)
- Experience with public cloud services and deployment (Preferred: AWS, GCP, or Azure experience)
- Strong development experience in programming/scripting languages (Preferred: Go, Python, and/or Ruby)
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle and experience with source code management tools.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot complex issues ranging from system resources to application stack traces.
- Strong hands-on experience in building and maintaining infrastructure for microservices
- Experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery/deployment tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, or similar.
- Strong knowledge of Linux
- Experience integrating open source tools and software
- Experience with TCP/IP, routing, VLANS, AWS Direct Connect, VPN and other networking concepts
- Experience with Kubernetes, VMWare, Vagrant, Docker, or Rocket is a definite plus
- Experience with monitoring tools like Grafana, Datadog, NewRelic, Zabbix, Nagios or similar
- Excellent DNS, LDAP, syslog and network service experience
- Ability to identify and resolve performance bottlenecks in highly complex systems and drive performance optimizations
- Working knowledge of enterprise storage technologies and protocols such as NFS, CIFS, iSCSI, Software Defined Storage, Object Storage
- OBSESSIVE desire to automate and improve everything including process improvements, standardizing tools and technologies!
Required Soft Skills:
- Peer and partner relationship focused
- Ability to influence and lead a Global DevOps organization.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to learn new skills/technologies quickly and independently
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a global organization
- Independent problem-solving skills
…and, in general, the potential to sweep us off our feet!
What’s in it for you?
At EA we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a competitive compensation package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga, badminton and cross fit to name a few) and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and also provide our employees’ with occupational pension.
Although we enjoy working hard at EA, we respect and value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods.
We look forward to receiving your application!