Product Designer - Design System
Who we are
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2000 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 90,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We are growing at 40% year on year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holsch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
To find out more about what it's like to work at Klarna:
Klarna strives to become the world’s favourite way to buy, and you can contribute to reaching this goal! We are looking to hire great people, who are passionate about using their talents to generate success. We are currently looking to grow our Design System Designer teams to satisfy the company’s ever increasing need for maintaining a growing, unified and high end design system.
What you will do
Klarna’s Design team is an ambitious international team where results and attention to detail are taken seriously. We aim to build the best products in the world and we are excited to welcome new team members who share our ambition to be consistently amazing.
Your work will revolve around the continuous evolvement of Klarna’s Design Language, from exploring and reviewing ideas to building on top of an extensive component library and documenting design patterns.
The ideal candidate for this role will be able to contribute and assist in taking our look, structure and consistency to the next level.
- Facilitate and evolve the look and feel of Klarna’s design language, its components and design patterns
- Document design guidelines and actively share knowledge on how to utilise the design system
- Work closely with our Brand Design team and to build a consistent Brand and UI experience across the whole customer journey
- Work closely with engineers throughout the implementation stage to ensure a high level of quality in the final compositions
- Help shape the design culture at Klarna that will ultimately define every interaction customers have with our products and services
Who you are
- Klarna is looking for ambitious people with significant drive! You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to produce best work results! At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent.
You should have
- A strong understanding of interaction design, visual design and user experience (2-3 years of experience)
- Experience designing high quality interfaces, design systems and experiences
- The ability to articulate and explain your ideas to other designers, engineers and project managers
- A strong eye for grids, visual patterns and pixel perfection
- Ability to produce visual mockups using Sketch or similar tools
- Familiarity with prototyping tools such as Invision, Framer or Flinto
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
You might also have
- Experience working with React and its components
- Passion for motion design and transitions
- Experience working in e-commerce
- The desire to go above and beyond to produce the best work
- Experience developing design libraries
How to apply
Send over a CV in English. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible as selection and interviews are held continually.
Note: A portfolio is an essential element of the application for a Design role at Klarna. Applicants who do not supply a link or PDF with samples of their work can unfortunately not be considered.
We can offer you an international working environment filled with smart and ambitious colleagues. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those from different backgrounds and experiences. As part of one of Europe’s fastest growing companies, you'll help play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level.
- Typ av kontrakt
- Heltidsjobb (förstajobb)
- Typ av jobb
- Civilingenjör / Arkitekt, IT
- Körkort önskas
- Tillgång till bil önskas
- Personligt brev krävs