Legal Counsel/Senior Legal Counsel
Who we are
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2000 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 90,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We are growing at 40% year on year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holsch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
To find out more about what it's like to work at Klarna:
Klarna strives to become the world’s favourite way to buy, and you can contribute to reaching this goal! We are looking to hire great people, who are passionate about using their talents to generate success. Our Legal team is no exception! We are currently looking to grow our Global Legal Domain to satisfy the company’s ever increasing need for legal innovation in all parts of the business, covering commercial, consumer, corporate, regulatory and privacy law.
What you will do
Depending on which team you join, you will handle legal matters for multiple jurisdictions relating to various matters, including consumers, partners and authorities. Your main task is to be the best problem solver in the world and drive legal innovation forward! You will be expected to merge stakeholders expectations and legal requirements into a simple and innovative product, process or contract. Teamwork and a multi-jurisdictional mindset will be part of your daily routine.
- Be tasked of running the legal part of exciting product development projects
- Advise on M&A, privacy or regulatory requirements within payments and consumer credit law
- Support in developing new products and partnerships
- Advise on legal requirements in general as well as review and draft commercial contracts.
Who you are
- Klarna is looking for ambitious people with significant drive! You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to produce best work results! At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent.
You should have
- Previous professional experience as a lawyer, preferably from a well renowned law firm, the financial sector, telecom or the IT industry
- Solid interest in the disruptive payment industry and a willingness to learn rather than focus in a specific area of law
- Proven ability to problem solve in a global environment
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
You might also have
- Excellent people skills and you are a true star when it comes to stakeholder management
- Strong business understanding
- Passion for problem solving and driving change by using innovative solutions
- The capability of prioritising conflicting demands and handling multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment
How to apply
Send over a CV and cover letter in English.
We can offer you an international working environment filled with smart and ambitious colleagues. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those from different backgrounds and experiences. As part of one of Europe’s fastest growing companies, you'll help play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level.
- Typ av kontrakt
- Heltidsjobb (förstajobb)
- Typ av jobb
- Civilingenjör / Arkitekt, IT
- Körkort önskas
- Tillgång till bil önskas
- Personligt brev krävs