Data Engineer - Python
Who we are
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2000 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 90,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We are growing at 40% year on year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holsch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
To find out more about what it's like to work at Klarna:
What you will do
- Develop and optimize a unified data landscape from architecture to development and Optimization in an disributed infrastructure
- Build, maintain and improve the availability of historical, real time and third parties data pipelines
- Continuously improve our ELT and ETL processes for the data lakes and data warehouses behind
- Provide Analysts, Product Managers and BI with complex, large scaled data storage from various data resources
Who you are
- Klarna is looking for ambitious people with significant drive! You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to produce best work results! At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent.
You should have
- Relevant experience in scripting and programming using languages such as Python or Java
- Expert knowledge of SQL and ideally some knowledge/understanding of NoSQL or Postgres
- Proven record in the creation, maintenance and improvement of ETL and ELT processes
- Experience with interfaces such as RESTful APIs or RSBScript
- A very strong technical as well as analytical background
- A proven record of working within distributed infrastructures and experience in Cloud technology
You might also have
- Drive, this is an essential attribute if you want to thrive in Klarna’s fast moving environment
- Optimism, being a source of can-do optimism will be crucial for the whole undertaking and the teams you will be collaborating
- Passion about building data platforms and pipelines
- Knowledge and the desire to quickly acquire deep knowledge of the big data tool landscape
- Knowledge of Python or another commercial language used for data processing, like Scala or Java
Code in your spare time?
Great, send over a link to some of your work. We'd love to take a look. Here’s some of our work
Aren’t you based in Berlin? We will help you! We offer relocation support if you need it.
How to apply
Send your CV in English.
We can offer you an international working environment filled with smart and ambitious colleagues. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those from different backgrounds and experiences. As part of one of Europe’s fastest growing companies, you'll help play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level.
- Typ av kontrakt
- Heltidsjobb (förstajobb)
- Typ av jobb
- Civilingenjör / Arkitekt, IT
- Körkort önskas
- Tillgång till bil önskas
- Personligt brev krävs