Are you eager to shape the future of one of the leading fashion retailers in advanced analytics and AI? Come join us!
H&M is on an exciting journey towards becoming the leading fashion retailer in advanced analytics. The effort is one of the key focus areas of the H&M group. The AI team combines one of the industry’s largest data sets with state of the art advanced analytics and artificial intelligence to enable data driven decision-making across the full fashion value-chain. H&MxAI is a dynamic and quickly growing analytics team within H&M. We focus on unlocking significant business value and are expanding to accelerate impact even further.
Since we are growing we are continuously looking for new members to our team, especially within the Machine Learning/Data Scientist field.
What you will do
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will work on a variety of problems such as personalization, optimization and prediction. Your mission is to test algorithms in collaboration with data scientists, and scale them up to massive data sets, so that the algorithms and models can be used to improve critical components of H&M operations.
You will also influence, build and maintain the large-scale data infrastructure required for the AI projects, including architect, develop and maintain the framework for analytical pipeline and sustain the connection to UI and front-end developers. Another task is to leverage an understanding of software architecture and software design patterns to write scalable, maintainable, well-designed and future-proof code.
As a Data Scientist, your mission is to turn vast amounts of data into insights that solve some of the business' most complex problems. You will develop an understanding of business obstacles, create solutions based on advanced analytics and draw implications for model development. You will get the opportunity to combine, explore and draw insights from large and complex data assets from different parts of the business.
In the role you will also design and build explorative, predictive- or prescriptive models, utilizing optimization, simulation and machine learning techniques. Combined with that you will prototype and pilot the new solutions and be a part of the aim of ‘productifying’ those valuable solutions that can have impact at global scale.
In both roles, will work in cross-functional agile teams with other highly skilled software/Machine Learning Engineers, Data Scientists, designers, product managers and others to build the AI ecosystem within H&M. We are located centrally in Stockholm City and you will work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with some of the best people in advanced analytics and AI. We are looking for you that is a true teamplayer with communicative and social skills as well as a passionate tech guru.
Your background as a Machine Learning Engineer
- You have a degree within software engineering or similar field (e.g. computer science and programming), and a strong will to continuously develop your engineering skillset
- A couple of years of experience from being involved in feature engineering and in prototyping machine learning applications that have been deployed to production
- You have experience in working with high volume heterogeneous data, and are knowledgeable about data storage and modelling techniques
- You have experience from building large-scale data infrastructures, including, but not limited to, containerization and cluster management / consolidation
- You are experienced in Linux and / or Python. Additional experience in R and Spark would be meriting
- You have experience from agile environments, team collaboration, data-driven development, reliable and responsible experimentation
Your background as a Data Scientist
- 2+ years’ work life data science experience (in advanced analytics environments)
- Have a MSc, PhD or other Advanced Degree in a field linked to computer science, applied mathematics, statistics, machine learning, or related data centric areas
- Strong abilities in all or several parts of the advanced analytics development process: from exploring the potential of a raw data set, to building models, to scaling and stabilizing these models etc.
- Familiar with agile development methodologies: working in short sprints, being flexible to handle the demands of a creative and result oriented way of working
- Able to handle detailed analysis, work independently and in a structured way
- You have experience with languages like Python, R on a daily basis
- Familiar with common machine learning toolboxes (Pandas, Scikit-learn).
- Practical Experience with big data and Spark
- It is qualifying with experience in Devops, ETL, data quality, database modeling and data warehousing principles
Apply below to register your CV in our database and we will contact you if we have a position that matches your profile.
We look forward to your application!
The H&MxAI team