You will be part of Grid Automation Products. We are responsible for development, marketing and sales as well as manufacturing of protection and control products for power generation, transmission and sub-transmission network applications. We offer a complete portfolio of world class products for Digital substation solutions. The unit also offers services, for example education that enables the customers to obtain maximal benefit from their investment in ABB’s protection and control solutions. As Global Product Manager for Protection & Control IEDs, you’ll be responsible for the long-term profitable growth and marketing of the offering to targeted market segments, by developing and managing it through all of its life cycle phases, according to market needs and Product Group strategy and targets.Uppgifter :
In this important role, you will manage the growth of new products, secure maximized results and ensure that our products meet current and future market needs. Our unit keeps growing – at the forefront of technology. As Product Manager, you will develop and improve our offer within protection applications for transmission grids. You will market our solutions worldwide and support our sales channels in choosing competitive solutions to meet customer demands. Other parts of your responsibility will be to provide our customers with protection solutions and support R&D in the development of world-class functionality.
Specifically, you will:
• Lead market intelligence analysis. You understand and define current market segmentation and related product/system/service positioning. You identify potential gaps in the portfolio, both against competition and new market opportunities.
• Own the market requirements specification for the product and determine a product business plan that supports sustainable growth. You will lead life cycle management processes, analyze current products, define and track performance metrics, plan appropriate measures and make decisions on obsolescence and end-of life.
• Define new product plans, set technical, price, cost and capital expenditure targets; contribute to development of new portfolios by leading customer need and value analysis, planning the roadmap to create maximum value, and follow-up of product portfolio performance.
• Initiate and drive product market communication strategy, including product launch planning and implementation. You’ll manage different channels to market scenarios in coordination with channel partners and Marketing & Sales.
• Define product customer value proposition per segment and channel and ensure clear communication to channels and users.
• Act as interface between external market and internal functions, forecasting volume trends on a regular basis to ensure the operation’s capability to fulfil customer orders. You will set targets and monitor costs, giving input to Operations functions to maximize competitiveness and profitability.
• Be responsible for product profitability and margin. You’ll drive the annual business planning process and facilitate agreement between sales demand and supply. You will monitor global sales target fulfilment and tender volumes and take action as appropriate. You will define pricing strategies and in co-operation with sales ensure that correct pricing is applied.
• Continuously develop product management processes and tools, including interfaces to other key functions, and develop sales and tendering tools to support the Sales organization. Initiate creation of external and internal product training modules and programs.
• Initiate and drive cross-functional and cross-organization product and solution innovation teams, monitoring development of all standards and market trends and provide input to R&D for patent screening process and intellectual property rights protection.
For this role, we are looking for a self-motivated visionary with a strong sense of ownership combined with structure and an analytical mindset. The role requires that you have the capability to lead and influence others at various levels throughout in a global matrix organization, both internally and externally. You also need to have excellent written communication and presentations skills.
You have the ability to manage effectively and efficiently the competing requirements of delivery and functionality, including cost awareness, strong decision-making and delegation abilities.
We prefer that you have a Master's degree or equivalent in Engineering with specialization in Electro technology, or equivalent. You should have great application knowledge and at least five years' experience of protection for power transmission, distribution or generators.
Export control regulations experience is qualifying. Experience of having worked in the industry and knowledge on associated areas like communication technologies and cyber security will help you further to succeed in this job.
Fluency in English is required, and being multi-lingual (for instance Swedish, German, Spanish or French) is considered additional merit. This is a customer-facing role and you should be willing and able to travel around the globe.
Ange nedan vart du önskar arbeta och glöm inte bort att ange din e-postadress!
Ansök snabbt genom endast ett klick och bli uppdaterad med de senaste positionerna som passar dig. Registrera dig som en student här!Registrera dig gratis