As a global leading engineering company, we help our customers to use electrical power efficiently and to increase industrial productivity in a sustainable way. We are now looking for two Associate R&D Scientists to our team within Industrial IoT and Connectivity. As a part of ABB Corporate Research, you will work in dynamic, motivated and creative teams with wide range of experience and competence and access to highly advanced laboratory facilities. Our teams are internationally composed, and we encourage job rotations as a way to develop your competence and to learn how to work in different cultures. Corporate Research in Västerås is the largest ABB research center with over 250 employees. The research center has principal responsibility for research and development in automation technology and shared responsibility for power technologies.Uppgifter :
You will be working on the future architecture of ABB’s software-based products, with a special focus on industrial communication and its quality attributes (robustness, determinism, latency, etc). We are looking for a person with the eagerness to transfer and apply world-class academic research into an industrial environment. You will work within a highly motivated, international team of researchers. We offer a family-friendly work environment with many diverse opportunities to grow your career.
Your key focus will be to develop innovative Industrial IoT connectivity solutions which include the transfer, configuration and operation of automation services for the smarter grid, manufacturing and process industries.
• Contribute to (and possibly lead) projects that turn state-of-the-art research results into effective solutions for our business units, together with ABB business units, academic partners, end customers as well as external partners
• Gather requirements, develop innovative concepts, scout emerging technologies, design architectures, create models, validate concepts by prototypes, and demonstrate them
• Disseminate your results in scientific publications, patent applications, and technical reports
• Build a network within ABB as well with external partners and become known for your skills
This is a fixed-term position up to 6 months.
As a foundation, you hold a degree in computer science, software engineering or a related field. You share a passion for innovative technologies, the desire to transfer ideas into practice, and the fascination that connectivity is key for successful Industrial IoT solutions – in automobile production, chemical plants, electric-vehicle charging and renewable-energy plants. You enjoy working both theoretical and practical, to deliver not only significant breakthrough but also attractive demonstrators.
You have interest or experience in at least one of the following:
• Industrial Ethernet or Industrial wireless technologies
• Network routing and switching, network management
• Software development (e.g., C, C++, C#, Java) and are acquainted with other programming paradigms
Knowledge in one of the following fields is a plus:
• Cyber security
• Signal processing for communication
• Experience from Matlab/Simulink
• Distributed real-time systems
• Domain knowledge in power/process/manufacturing industries including standards like OPC UA, and IEC 61850
It’s essential that you have good communication skills and team player attitude, as well an eagerness to learn and develop on new topics. As a strong communicator in a global company, you have good English skills and are able to communicate effectively with internal and external partners.
Ange nedan vart du önskar arbeta och glöm inte bort att ange din e-postadress!
Ansök snabbt genom endast ett klick och bli uppdaterad med de senaste positionerna som passar dig. Registrera dig som en student här!Registrera dig gratis