Inaktiv platsannons

Technical Student Programme at CERN

The European Organization for Nuclear Research, known as CERN, is a European research organization that operates the largest particle physics laboratory in the world. Imagine getting involved in work that is changing the world and imagine doing it before you’ve left university. Imagine working in an international environment and having a great quality of life. Put all these ingredients together to make this imagination a reality.

What are you going to do


There’s no better way to learn than on-the-job. When that job happens to be in a world-famous organisation and centre of scientific excellence, even better. If you’re an undergraduate in Applied Physics, Engineering or Computing and are looking for a practical training period or a place to complete your final project, you could spend 4 to 12 months at CERN during the course of your studies (Bachelor or Master’s). If your university requires or encourages you to acquire work experience through an internship, imagine doing this at CERN in Geneva.

If you’re a motivated student looking for an opportunity to work in a unique environment at the cutting edge of technology, this is your chance to take part. Apply now for a place on the programme to learn and contribute your knowledge in any of the following disciplines : applied physics; electrical or electronics engineering; general  or civil engineering; IT, mathematics and robotics; material and surface science; mechanical engineering.  
A panel of CERN experts meets twice a year in December and June to review all applications, and on each occasion, typically 120 students are selected to join the programme.
(Please note that students specialising in theoretical or experimental particle physics are not eligible to apply for this programme.)

What we offer

  • A contract of association from 4 to 12 months.
  • An allowance of 3305 Swiss Francs per month (net of tax).
  • A travel allowance.
  • Depending on your personal circumstances, a supplement if you are married and/or have children.
  • Coverage by CERN’s comprehensive Health Insurance scheme
  • 2,5 days of paid leave per month.

What we ask:

  • You're studying at a university of applied sciences or university
  • You are a national of a CERN Member or Associate Member State
  • You have completed at least 18 months of your undergraduate studies (Bachelor or Master’s) at the time of the next student selection taking place in December 2019.
  • You can stay for at least 4 and at most 12 months remaining registered as a full-time student.
  • You have a good knowledge of English OR French.


Click on "apply directly" to be redirected to the CERN career page and apply for the roll that fit your field of studies!

Published at


Extra information

Education Level
Working hours per week
Type of Contract
Internship, Examensarbete
Responsible for
Knowledge contribution
Type of Job
Civilingenjör / Arkitekt, IT
Full UK/EU driving license preferred
Car Preferred
Cover Letter Required
Engelska, Franska

Nationell | Civilingenjör / Arkitekt | IT | Internship | Examensarbete | Universitet/Högskolestudier

Registrera dig nu!

Ansök snabbt genom endast ett klick och bli uppdaterad med de senaste positionerna som passar dig. Registrera dig som en student här!

Registrera dig gratis