Are you a senior engineer with leadership experience up for a new challenge? Do you want to work with one of the largest data sets in the global fashion industry, and machine learning use cases in production? Come join us!
We love design, and we love technology! Our diversity makes us strong and creates an inclusive and welcoming workplace where everyone’s individuality is highly valued.
Advanced analytics is one of the key focus areas of the H&M group which creates an incredible environment for learning and developing cutting edge technology, at scale. We have one of the industry’s biggest data sets and we are combining it with advanced analytics to unlock value across the full fashion value-chain.
The H&MxAI team is growing. We are now looking for new AI Lead Engineers to join us, so submit your application today.
What we offer
As an AI Lead Engineer at H&MxAI, your mission is to coordinate the engineering and software development teams through mentoring and hands-on engineering. In addition, you will be an important part of building the engineering teams and shaping the rapidly growing advanced analytics team.
We offer you an exceptional opportunity for personal development, in which you will navigate through the business’ most complex problems using advanced analytics as your tool for improvements. Above all, your work will be part of shaping the future fashion industry. The position as AI Lead Engineer is a fun challenge with plenty of responsibility, in which you will work in a fast-paced dynamic environment with some of the best people in advanced analytics and AI.
At H&M, we believe in people and work as one team. The pace is high and we always challenge each other to think creatively. To succeed in this position, we believe that you have a pragmatic workstyle and drive towards solution with focus on delivering results, while building strong and long-lasting relationships. You thrive developing great people, not just great products.
From a technology perspective, you will work within a cloud environment and find the most suitable tools/technology together with the team. Also, we are working on end-to-end machine learning projects in an agile setup. Therefore, we hope you will enjoy the journey of taking a use case from prototype to a fully productional setup.
You will also have the satisfaction of knowing that your work has an immediate impact on the business and the rest of the world. Combined with strong company values, an international workplace, and an office in Central Stockholm, H&MxAI is the place to be in retail advanced analytics!
What you will do
- You will be part of AI Foundation team working across different use cases, drive architecture blueprint and best practices, design and drive the implementation of common tool and platform which can be reused by different machine learning project, build upon H&M’s extensive data sets and leverage the tools and techniques appropriate to facilitate the development of new and innovative advanced analytics solutions
- You will also get opportunity to work inside development team, together with engineers and data scientists to solve the most challenging machine learning problem
- You will provide technical mentorship in machine learning engineering and research topics including hypothesis testing, analysis, modelling, production deployment, automation and scalable architecture. You should also be open to coding point efforts if the situation requires it.
- You will support product managers in different use cases to define product roadmap and provide technical insight
- You will work closely with AI leadership team to continuously build the engineering teams. This includes for example hiring, competence and capability development
Who you are
To be successful in this role, we believe you have the following skills:
- Extensive experience in machine learning, big data or a related field. You have been implementing machine learning systems at scale. Graduate education is preferred.
- A background within technical leadership, with at least 3+ years' experience as a team leader or architect.
- It is a big plus if you have experience with cloud native solutions
- Expert in coding and software engineering, very good understanding of distributed system. You have extensive experience with high-scale batch and stream data processing.
- You care about agile software development process, data-driven development, reliability, and disciplined experimentation. You have rich experience in product development, have good insight of technique impact in product roadmap.
- Fluent in English (Swedish is a merit)
For questions and further information about this position, please contact Lovisa Ermell at Lovisa.Ermell@hm.com. We love code! If you have contributed to Github project(s), also send to us together with CV, we are more than happy to take a look.
Please apply with CV and personal letter at the 30th of November 2019 at the latest.
Due to GDPR, we don’t accept applications via email.
The H&MxAI team