Legal Counsel to Data Privacy Office
Are you ready for the challenge of supporting all brands, functions and countries within H&M group in the data privacy area?
H&M value privacy and personal data and has a global “Data Privacy Office” team responsible for the protection of the integrity of customers, employees and vendors across H&M group. The work in DP Office is vital to support a fast-moving business environment where H&M holds one of the industry’s largest data sets and has a range of initiatives in the AA/Advanced Analytics and AI/Amplified Intelligence area.
As a Legal Counsel you are an integral part of the team responsible for how all aspects of privacy should be implemented in the H&M group.
The Legal Counsel support a large range of entities in the business and give internal support in DP Office to the Business Area Experts which work in and for the business functions and countries.
What you will do
The job of a Legal Counsel comes with lots of responsibility, complexity and variety – and lots of fun. You work with a high degree of autonomy and are able to plan and manage your own activities fully.
A short list with some examples of responsibilities for the Legal Counsel:
- Work with other organisational entities and teams in H&M group regarding the policies, guidelines and way of working regarding privacy to ensure there is alignment and cooperation in the privacy area.
- Manage the privacy policies, guidelines, directions and instructions and publish and update them to cover all necessary aspects of privacy.
- Support with legal advice in privacy risk management across H&M group.
- Give legal advice on awareness / training material and activities.
- Give legal advice to H&M group’s brands, functions and countries and to new initiatives/new brands/new collaborations. This excludes support in country-specific privacy laws, where the respective country organisation is accountable.
- Collaborate with the DPO/Data Privacy Officer of H&M group, and with all DPOs assigned for different legal entities within H&M group, to be aligned in all matters regarding privacy.
- Develop, maintain and support the way of working with Privacy Notices,
Data Processing Agreement (DPA) in H&M group.
- Support with legal advice in privacy breach and supervisory authority reporting.
Who you are
To be able to succeed in this role it is vital and absolute requirements that you:
1. Have substantial experience from practical privacy work
2. Have a proven background as a legal counsel for a business/organisation
3. have a can-do -attitude
4. have a service-minded approach
5. have an open and flexible mindset
6. you are a sales-minded, social, open, communicative and ambitious team player full of drive and optimism
Your personal qualities also include:
- A thorough understanding of privacy law/regulations, and the need for the protection of the integrity of H&M’s customers, employees, and vendors.
- Experience from giving advice in legal matters and managing the outcomes and responses of those for/in the business.
- Able to manage own priorities for a significant number of requests of highly different priorities for all the types of entities that exist in H&M group.
- Well-versed in English and able to communicate clearly both orally and written in English.
- Experience from government communication in legal reporting of compliance (preferably regarding privacy, but could be related to IT, HR, Finance or other types of regulatory government communication).
- Experience from severity assessments within risk management (business or IT)
- An understanding of the fashion retail industry.
We offer you an exceptional learning opportunity, working in a fast-paced creative environment and you will be a part of the future fashion industry.
At H&M we have a strong value-driven culture: We believe in people, work as one team, and always challenge each other to think creatively.
Last day for application is 15th November.
Sounds interesting? Here’s your chance for a career out of the ordinary!