The Platform team creates the technology that enables Spotify to learn quickly and scale easily, enabling rapid growth in our users and our business around the globe. Spanning many disciplines, we work to make the business work; creating the frameworks, capabilities and tools needed to welcome a billion customers. Join us and help to amplify productivity, quality and innovation across Spotify.
In this role your work will impact the way the world experiences music! Our teams enable designers, data scientists, engineers, researchers, and product managers at Spotify to give millions of users a personalized listening experience.
In collaboration with our customers, that are everywhere in Spotify, we build and care for tools and infrastructure that enables event delivery, data storage and processing, insights generation, machine learning and experimentation.
What you’ll do
Who you are
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of skilled engineers, data scientists, user researchers, product managers and designers who are all passionate about creating a world-class experience for our data community at Spotify.
- Communicate insights and recommendations to key stakeholders, helping to activate data best practices in the Data & Insights teams as well as the analyst and engineering communities across all of Spotify.
- Define metrics and build and analyze dashboards, reports and key datasets to empower data-informed product development.
- Perform exploratory analysis to understand who our users are, how they get value out of our offering and where we can further develop our product to bring greater value
- Work from our offices in Stockholm
- You enjoy finding solutions to interesting challenges together with others
- You like learning and would together with us embrace failure as a part of growing
- You are passionate about tackling loosely defined problems and come up with relevant answers and actionable insights
- You have hands on experience with analysis of large datasets, statistical modeling, coding skills in Python or R and data visualization
- You are curious of how to instrument products to accurately capture user and system behaviors for a wide variety of insight and product development use cases
- You are innovative and enjoy driving and implementing change towards a more data informed culture
- You have previous work experience in a similar role and call yourself a Data Scientist or Senior Data Scientist
- If you have formal education in a quantitative discipline like mathematics, economics or computer science, that would be considered an advantage.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 230 million users.