We are EA
At Electronic Arts we put our players first by creating quality and innovation in our development practices. The Development and Release Engineering team contributes to this goal by automating everything; automation is what makes us tick. Our systems run thousands of builds and critical path tests each day across the world. Automation saves development time allowing more time for feature development and polish and allows QA to focus on authenticity and fun rather than finding obvious bugs.
We’re looking for a Group Technical Director (GTD) to oversee the technical direction of 90+ engineers for Development and Release Engineering. The team is widely distributed in Europe, NA and Asia. The GTD will partner with TDs in EA from various disciplines to deliver adaptable technical designs and strategy, precise execution, and balanced risk management to help ensure the success of our core services. The GTD will lead the team and the technical council of DRE to continuously improve the design process, workflow, metrics, planning, and architecture. As a key member of DRE’s overall leadership team, the GTD will also be responsible to communicate DRE’s vision, mission and values both internally and externally to drive alignment and direction with our worldwide team.
The Group Technical Director (GTD) is among the most senior engineering positions in game development. The GTD is accountable for all the technology and the overall quality of the code for their team. The GTD is expected to be a key influencer at EA, helping to achieve development goals both within and beyond their team. The GTD is responsible for driving best practices for requirements, design, and architecture. The GTD will interact on technical issues with a wide range of partners (e.g., IT, Security, outsourcers, hardware vendors, third-party vendors), and examine technology developments in other industries to influence direction.
Skills and Experience
- Serves as technical spokesperson for DRE services and solutions to key internal and external stakeholders
- Accountable for multi-year technical planning across DRE projects and initiatives
- Partners with key stakeholders and DRE business leaders to understand business requirements and expectations in order to develop appropriate solutions
- Lead the DRE technical council to drive advancements in the technology we use
- Owns technical key performance indicator (KPI) generation, tracking, analysis and reporting to drive positive change and achievement of DRE goals
- Work with other TDs/Engineering leaders within DRE to champion metric collection, analysis, and utilization
- Anticipates technical problems and risks, mitigates, and communicates status across team leadership
- Promotes and supports software development best practices and standards
- Partners with engineering team to guide technical designs. Optimizes and maintains software architecture for game, technology, pipeline and tools
- Audits development plans of key initiatives including technical designs, processes, resource usage, task estimates, quality and risk for technical completion and quality
- Provides technical mentoring to key technical leaders on DRE and team members
- Responsible for all technical decisions across a team
- Final reviewer for all technical design documents
- Demonstrated leadership and problem solving skills in a distributed team environment
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- 10+ years’ experience with a breadth of programming languages and tools
- Extensive experience in leadership positions driving technical advancement and change
- Demonstrated knowledge of modern software engineering best practices
- Effective and timely decision-making capabilities
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles, and solutions
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects/tasks
- Experience mentoring more senior technical talent and growing technical leaders
- Ability to foster a strong community with an emphasis on reaching the bigger potential of a group
- Strong mediation, diplomacy, time-management, and conflict resolution skills
- Expertise in continuous integration systems/automated build systems and other DevOps tools
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
Nice to have:
What’s in it for you?
- Prior experiences shipping console or mobile products
- Familiarity with standard Source Control systems (Git, Perforce, etc.)
- Experience with a shell scripting language (Python, Perl, Bash etc.)
We take care of our staff! In addition to a competitive compensation package we will offer you:
- Annual bonus
- EA stock
- Flexible work times
- Occupational pension
- 10 free EA games per year
- Free massages
- A variety of sports activities and health care allowance.
- We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer.
We respect and value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is essential to our long-term success!
We look forward to receiving your application!
- Typ av kontrakt
- Heltidsjobb (förstajobb)
- Typ av jobb
- Grafik / Design, Civilingenjör / Arkitekt, IT
- Körkort önskas
- Tillgång till bil önskas
- Personligt brev krävs