Delivering the best Spotify experience possible. To as many people as possible. In as many moments as possible. That’s what the Experience team is all about. We use our deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users all over the world, bringing the music and audio they love to the devices, apps and platforms they use every day. Know what our users want? Join us and help Spotify give it to them.
We’re looking for a dynamic Engineering Manager to lead on our Voice Squads here in Stockholm. This team is the creator of Spotify’s major digital voice integrations that have recently been in the news! Projects such as our integration with Amazon Alexa, and Google Home. We are a squad of engineers that also work on integrations with popular digital assistants on mobile devices. This is a brand new area of technology where things are changing rapidly. Here, you will have an opportunity to make a major impact and work on fascinating problems at scale. The work that we do ultimately brings music to the ears of billions of music lovers. This unique squad needs your help to be successful in this mission. You can look forward to having four main areas of impact; Improving our software delivery, sharpening the craft of your engineers, growing individuals, and establishing a healthy team culture.
What you’ll do
Who you are
- You can’t wait to collaborate closely with your Product and Design colleagues to ensure your team has a clear understanding of why we are building what we feel will have the biggest impact
- Help your team to deliver software that is secure, high quality, testable, stable, and performs well at scale
- Understand the analytics data we collect from our systems and how it relates to the business value being produced
- Help your developers use latest best practices for designing, planning, developing, and documenting what they ship
- You seek to participate in continuous improvement efforts such as software development, planning, estimating, developing, testing
- You love to gather and understand productivity metrics to help your squad improve its cycle time, frequency of deployment, and defect rate
- You will build a sense of trust, accountability, responsibility among your engineers by having regular open and constructive two-way feedback
- You care for the individual’s well-being to prevent burnout, maintain positive morale, and to foster sustained high productivity and creativity
- You love guiding your reports on their career path – providing actionable feedback on a regular basis and suggesting resources where helpful
- You enjoy encouraging participation in team events, hack events, on-sites, off-sites and recognize the value in these activities
- You’ll seek to improve the qualitative and quantitative health and performance metrics for the squad and the individuals
- Encourage your engineers to understand and care about the important analytics of their components and systems
- Establish an accurate measure of the quality of the engineering work and the cost of architectural trade-offs, implementations, testing approaches, maintenance overhead, and ownership
- Maintain healthy levels of technical debt and be able to provide the business case to ensure it is properly taken care of with the long-term in mind
- We want you to assess new ways of working, new technologies, new practices. Encourage your squad to experiment with them in the spirit of continuous improvement
- We’re seeking someone who wants to coach and grow individuals in their craft through leading by example and through mentoring
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.