In this role your work will impact the way the world experiences music! Our teams (we call them squads) enable designers, engineers, researchers, and data scientists at Spotify to give millions of users a personalized listening experience.
In collaboration with our customers, that are everywhere in Spotify, we build and care for tools and infrastructure that among many other things make insights generation possible. We are currently looking for candidates to join our teams working with:
What you’ll do
- Infrastructure providing support for Spotify users data privacy
- Infrastructure for collecting and delivering hundreds of terabytes of events per day on Google Cloud Platform
- Systems for scheduling, orchestrating and deploying thousands of our distinct data pipelines running hundreds of thousands of tasks per day
- Monitoring, alerting and debugging infrastructure for data pipelines
- Infrastructure to instrument and analyze user behaviour
Who you are
- Experience being part of a collaborative team that designs, builds and evolve their products to support their mission and customers
- Get an opportunity to meet our customers – the data community at Spotify. Learn how they work and how they interact with the offering of our platform
- Having an opportunity to be a contributor to Free Software projects in the Big Data field
- Take an active part in on-call rotations that keep our infrastructure up and running
- Get the chance to grow your skills together with others. We love to learn together
- You enjoy finding solutions to interesting challenges together with others
- You like learning and would together with us embrace failure as a part of growing
- We want you to be comfortable with Java
- You can be pragmatic and understand the tradeoffs between the perfect solution and a working solution
- You are familiar with software engineering best practices such as testing, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- We welcome applicants with various seniority levels
You will work with your team in our awesome headquarter in Stockholm – we offer relocation packages if you do not currently live in Sweden.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.