Spotify listeners, creators and employees trust us to provide a safe digital platform that protects any sensitive information they share with us. Spotify Security is a distributed team that champions and delivers on initiatives with Spotify’s autonomous teams to ensure that our organization keeps information security appropriately prioritized and that the trust we have with these stakeholders is well-deserved. We focus on raising security awareness, providing security intelligence and building tools to enable these teams to feel a shared sense of responsibility for security and privacy concerns. We aim to constantly improve the security posture of our organization by iterating on our tooling and process.
The Spotify Security team is looking for an enterprise security architect to help define the technical vision for the Spotify Security program aligned with the business and technology direction. If you have the experience and want to help shape the technical security vision and direction of a fast paced, engineering focused technology company, then you may want to consider joining
What you’ll do
Who you are
- Develop a deep understanding of the Spotify technology ecosystem
- Help establish the future technology vision of the security program. Enable delivery of secure solutions with speed by driving convergence of security solutions and reuse
- Develop a target architecture for security at Spotify. Establish and maintain a roadmap to help us get there as well as tracking progress
- Work with Product Owners in and outside of security to influence their products and roadmaps to ensure alignment with target architecture and vision
- Contribute to a security architecture process that enables the enterprise to develop and implement secure solutions and capabilities that are clearly aligned with business, technology, and threat drivers
- Develop and collaborate on strategies and roadmaps based on enterprise architecture practices
- Create and maintain security architecture artifacts (i.e. models, patterns, templates, etc) that can be used (and reused) to leverage security capabilities in new initiatives and operations
- Track developments and changes in the business and threat landscape to ensure they’re adequately addressed in security strategies and architecture artifacts
- Participate in the Spotify Technical Steering Group to ensure alignment of technology projects to the target security architecture
- Validate reference architectures for security best practices and recommend changes to enhance security and reduce risk, where applicable
- Review security technologies, tools, and services and make recommendations to the broader security organization for their use
- Liaise with other architects and security practitioners to share best practices and insights
- Advocate for security requirements and objectives, while ensuring that security architectures and practices do not impede the needs of the business
- You have deep expertise and knowledge of the Security Domain with 10+ years of experience
- You have 4+ years of experience leading Security Architecture for a technology focused organization
- You have experience with cloud environments specifically GCP, and others
- You love the technical challenges involved with defining the future of security
- You have a passion for educating and working with diverse technical teams
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 258 million users.