The Personalization team makes deciding what to play next easier and more enjoyable for every listener. From Daily Mix to Discover Weekly, we’re behind some of Spotify’s most-loved features. We built them by understanding the world of music and podcasts better than anyone else. Join us and you’ll keep millions of users listening by making great recommendations to each and every one of them.
We seek to understand the world of music and podcasts better than anyone else so that we can make great recommendations to every individual person and keep the world listening. Everyday, hundreds of millions of people all over the world use the products we build which include destinations like “Home” and “Search” as well as original playlists such as “Discover Weekly” and “Daily Mix.” We’re a team of technologists, product insight experts, designers, and product managers in Boston, New York, Stockholm, and London.
What You’ll Do
Who You Are
- Make a significant impact on some of Spotify’s most central features
- Be a technical leader within the Programming Platform team and within Spotify in general
- You will build and lead a team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development
- Be accountable for delivery in your team: work closely with the team, product managers, agile coaches and other partners to ensure we deliver world-class products in a timely manner
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture
- You will be based in Stockholm with some occasional travel to our New York and Boston offices
- You are passionate about software engineering best practices and love to have an impact on large-scale tech problems
- You’re experienced as a tech lead or people manager
- You’re passionate about transformational leadership and bottoms-up culture, invested in developing both great engineers and great teams
- You’ve applied agile and lean principles to solve problems at scale
- You have supported production-grade systems from idea to launch
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 258 million users.