Delivering the best Spotify experience possible. To as many people as possible. In as many moments as possible. That’s what the Experience team is all about. We use our deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users all over the world, bringing the music and audio they love to the devices, apps and platforms they use every day. Know what our users want? Join us and help Spotify give it to them.
We’re looking for frontend and full-stack engineers to join our Experience team. The technologies you are familiar with are less important to us than your ability to demonstrate practical experience of web application development, such as agile engineering methods backed by a deep understanding of software engineering best practices.
Please note: this posting represents multiple roles across various teams, including a range of responsibilities and experience level.
What you’ll do
Who you are
- Be an impactful contributor to the team to plan, design and build elegant solutions
- You will collaborate closely with other engineers and become a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team
- Bind our front and back end services together
- Monitor, test and continuously optimize your designs
- Deliver testable, maintainable and high-quality code
- Collaborate with software engineers, product managers, designers and analysts
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth
- Share knowledge, evangelize best practices and collaborate with some of the best web engineers in the company
- Ensure that our customer’s experience is the very best it can be
- Have the opportunity to participate in annual company-wide hack week
- You have experience in backend development and technologies such as Java or (only for particular teams)
- You are comfortable working in an agile environment, and are comfortable challenging yourself and your team to improve their ways of working
- You care about the user experience and know how to build user-friendly web applications
- You have experience with continuous delivery and automated testing
- You have a working understanding of object oriented and functional programming paradigms
- You care about web technologies, exploring data, user experience and design and music
- You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and can communicate your ideas
- You value team success over personal success
- You are not afraid of trying and learning technologies that are new to you
- A degree in Computer Science or a similar area and music experience are bonuses
You will be working from our awesome headquarter offices in central Stockholm. We offer relocation packages if you do not currently live in Sweden.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.