We are looking for a Staff Engineer for the team that supplies our close friends in Spotify Customer Support with the software solutions they need, both through internally built systems and integrations with our vendors. We are a team of about 45 people, based in Stockholm, New York and London. This position is based in Stockholm, with some traveling expected. As a Staff Engineer, you will architect, design, develop, deploy and operate features that are used by millions of users. You‘ll be a technical leader in our department, contributing hands-on in a team, while leading technical projects spanning multiple teams. We are looking for someone who can drive development and delivery, build sound architecture and foster best practices when it comes to software development, as well as mentor other engineers to grow.
What you’ll do
Who you are
- Be a department-level expert in a particular area and common go-to person for solving problems in your domain of expertise.
- Design, architect and communicate software solutions for our department, working close together with our business and technical stakeholders
- Contribute to the vision and long-term strategy in your domain of expertise.
- Find ways to spread learning and share knowledge across the organization, leveling up our engineering practices.
- Design, develop and deploy front- and backend services with a focus on high availability, low latency and scalability
- Build and operate infrastructure, toolset and deployment pipelines
- Collaborate closely with other engineers and become a valued member of an autonomous, diverse teams.
- Take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth
- Continuously improve our product by innovating on the service through the usage of A/B tests.
- You have proven experience as a technical leader for a team/department
- You have experience from integrating with both internally built systems and big vendors like e.g. Salesforce, Khoros, LivePerson or similar
- You have extensive experience working hands-on as a Software Engineer in an agile environment
- You’re someone with the ability to express technological concepts and solutions to varied audiences across R&D and business partners
- You are passionate about providing business value by balancing build vs. buy solutions.
- You are a mentor, experienced in supporting your peers and engineering teams
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality solutions
- You have knowledge in how to write distributed, high-volume services and experience building platforms.
- You have a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms and understand how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions
- You are well versed in identifying, debugging and resolving complex production issues
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.