We are looking for a mathematical engineer to join Experimentation prouct area in the Data Infrastructure tribe in Stockholm.
Experimentation is at the core of Spotify’s framework “think it, build it, ship it, tweak it” amplifying teams ability to iterate through ideas, learn from them to build better products.
We are in the center of the area providing teams with the interface to the platform.
Come join our team of talented engineers and data scientists that share a common interest in experimentation and backend systems, their scalability and continued development.
You will build the backend systems that power our application, scale highly distributed systems, and continuously improve our engineering practices.
Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
Who you are
- You collaborate closely with other specialists and become a valued member of an autonomous, cross- functional team
- You collaborate closely with the data science community at Spotify and evolve the analytics toolkit that is used at Spotify around experimentation
- You design, develop and deploy backend services that scale, are highly available, and are easy to extend
- You build and operate infrastructure, toolset and deployment pipelines
- We want you to bring your whole self to work and strive to foster an environment that supports your individual growth
- You are passionate about statistics and you have experience working with either Python or Java
- You enjoy finding solutions to interesting challenges together with others
- You are interested in keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise
- You are comfortable running your software in Linux environments
- You know and care about sound engineering practices like continuous delivery, defensive programming and automated testing
- You’re familiar with designing and building distributed and scalable systems
- You have a good understanding of data structures and algorithms, and understand how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions
- You have a few years of relevant experience, or much more
You will work from our awesome office in Stockholm – we offer relocation packages if you do not currently live in Sweden.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 286 million users.