At Spotify, we’ve connected millions of people to their favorite songs and created a service that people use to discover and enjoy the music they love. We’re in 65 markets…and counting! We aim to revolutionize the way people consume audio, and we’ll need some very talented people to help us achieve our mission.
You will be an impactful individual contributor leader in Premium by promoting sound engineering practices, drive work on technical strategy and roadmaps, regularly assess the technical state of teams, advocate for best practices broadly, and give focused support to specific teams as necessary. You will help ensure that our solutions are scalable, sustainable, architecturally sound, and that technical debt is both incurred consciously and repaid in reasonable time. You will also be expected to mentor other engineers as they grow.
What you’ll do
Who you are
- Be a strong engineering voice in our leadership group through advising and driving Spotify’s technical vision and strategy.
- Represent engineering in settings where deep knowledge of our tech stack is needed (Technical Steering Groups, cross-company work streams, Special Interest Groups).
- Support Engineering Managers in defining and driving software craftsmanship and sustainable development processes.
- Take responsibility for the overall planning, execution and release of complex technical projects, define architectural vision and provide leadership for teams.
- Be a technical leader within the team you work with to initiate, influence and drive technical projects across teams within Spotify.
- Review code to ensure it is efficient, well-tested, documented and optimal.
- Find ways to spread learning and knowledge sharing across the organization, leveling up our engineering practices and mentoring other engineers.
- Work directly with suppliers and partners to influence technical platforms and decisions.
- Collaborate with other engineers, product owners, and designers to identify and solve challenging problems, creating a Premium experience.
- You have 10+ years of experience in engineering.
- You are a visionary leader who has previously strategized, led and executed company-wide technical projects.
- You are a technical leader who knows how to translate product and business concepts into tech and can drive large scale efforts across Spotify.
- You possess technical knowledge where you can showcase your expertise by speaking at both internal and external conferences.
- You are a great influencer where your decisions and insights impact the technology stack across agile teams.
- You have worked hands-on as a Software Engineer where you gained a deep understanding of system design, data structures, algorithms and understand how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions.
- You can solve complex problems because you are skilled in finding, defining and facilitating the creation of both low and high level architecture.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 286 million users.