We are looking for a passionate manager to join our fraud product area. Our mission is to accelerate Spotify’s growth with a trusted platform that provides insights and data to our partners. The work we do to detect, prevent, and mitigate unwanted behaviour on our platform is a key component of our ambitious goals. This position will report to the Product Area Engineering Director and is based in Stockholm, with the opportunity to travel to other R&D offices.
What you will do:
Who You Are:
- Lead and develop a high performance and domain specialized team of 5-8 cross-discipline engineers and data scientists
- Partner with product management to formulate the technical vision, strategy, and roadmap for the platforms that power our fraud detection and mitigation capabilities
- Make sure that we can deliver what we promise with high quality
- Work closely with partners and senior leadership to make sure that we align our efforts for the company’s short- and long-term goals
- Be an active voice in our engineering and data science community across Spotify
- Be an active partner to your product and engineering peers as part of an effective leadership team for the product area
- You have 2+ years of people management skills and know how to lead and grow a multidisciplinary team of engineers and data scientists
- You care about data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation and have led large scale engineering efforts
- You have a passion for mentoring and coaching highly collaborative teams
- You have a data science or engineering background and know how to express your ideas in code
- You have excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- You know where the consumer tech industry and trends are heading and understand the trade-offs of existing solutions
- Desired experience:
- An MS in CS, Machine Learning, Operational research, Statistics or in a highly quantitative field
- 5+ years of experience in machine learning, data engineering, or data science
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.