As the world’s largest audio streaming subscription service, Spotify Premium enables millions of creatives to make a living from their art by connecting them with the people who love it. Research & Development deep dives into user behaviour to create a more valuable and meaningful experience for subscribers. It’s here that you’ll grow our audience and our platform, working with many disciplines across many locations to build innovative and tech-powered product solutions.
Spotify is looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to join our Organization. As a Senior Machine Learning Engineer, you will be a part of unlocking commerce at Spotify by building the platform that enables other teams within Spotify to quickly sell incredible experiences that create strong user value. You will leverage Machine Learning to solve problems that directly impact Spotify’s bottom line.
What you’ll do
- Work on business-critical problems by utilizing machine learning
- Prototype new algorithms, evaluate with small scale experiments, and later productionize solutions at scale to our >200 million active users
- Iterate on quality of machine learning-powered features through continuous A/B testing
- Drive collaboration within agile teams of Engineers (Data, Machine Learning, Backend, Frontend, Quality), Data Scientists, Product Managers, and Designers to build new product features
- Be a leading voice in an active community of machine learning practitioners across Spotify
- Develop individually to continue to grow your impact and help mentor peer
Who you are
- Ph.D. or M.Sc. in Machine Learning, or a related field (e.g. applied mathematics/statistics)
- You have a strong background in machine learning with relevant industry experience
- You have experience of feature engineering, prototyping and productionizing machine learning applications
- You have hands-on experience implementing production machine learning systems in Java, Scala, Python, or similar languages. Experience with TensorFlow, XGBoost is also a plus
- Experience with data processing and storage frameworks like Hadoop, Scalding, Spark, Storm, Google Dataflow, Flink, etc. is a plus
- You care about agile software development and a culture of constant learning and improvement
- You have experience and passion for mentoring and encouraging collaborative teams.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.
It doesn’t matter who you are, where you come from or what’s on your playlist. The Spotify platform is for everyone. And so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented in our business, the more we rock. It’s that simple. So bring us your past, your passion, your personality and your unique point of view, and let’s make beautiful music together. Because we all perform our best when we all feel part of the ban