We are looking for a passionate Full Stack Engineer (FSE) to join Spotify’s Productivity Engineering group, the team responsible for advancing the digital workplace at Spotify. Our mission is to give every Spotifier the best possible user experience from the moment they open their device. By doing so we seek to remove all barriers to collaboration, enabling every employee to work freely and securely—with an experience that makes Spotify into one of the best places to work.
As a FSE you will create the best experience for our internal customers and contributors by designing, building, scaling, and evolving our platforms, services, and tooling. At Spotify, our engineers are at the forefront of the profession and are empowered to work on meaningful projects. We strive to create a space that encourages intellectual curiosity, problem solving, and openness – one that provides the support and mentorship needed, where it is safe to fail, to learn, and to grow.
What you’ll do
Who you are
- Use your full-stack experience to design intelligent solutions that include front-end and back-end systems.
- Collaborate closely with engineers, product designers, and product owners to drive the evolution of our technology.
- Take operational responsibility for the components that you develop.
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth by providing you with challenging tasks to solve and the freedom to acquire new skills in hack time, reading groups, lectures and a variety of internal training courses.
- A valued colleague in a dynamic, autonomous, cross-functional agile team.
- Experienced in designing, building, testing, debugging and, optimizing code of large-scale distributed systems.
- Excited about delivering end-to-end experiences and someone who cares about your software architecture across the front-end, back-end, and the APIs that glue them together.
- Someone who loves working on a team where you constantly learn, experiment, and iterate quickly.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 286 million users.