Engaging users with the best audio experience while fairly compensating artists and creators is at the core of Spotify’s mission. To accomplish this we are constantly striving to efficiently monetize our core offerings. Spotify seeks engineers to focus on growing one of the world’s largest and fastest growing digital subscription businesses by making sure that we are at the forefront of user facing payment and risk management capabilities.
Do you have experience in integrating with large third party providers, analyzing and processing massive amounts of data for use in real-time systems? Do you have a passion for understanding the complex nature of handling payments at scale from a merchant’s perspective? If so then we want you to join the band!
What you’ll do
Who you are
- Be a technical leader within the team you work with and within Spotify in general.
- Architect, design, develop, deploy and operate services and systems that serve millions of users
- Work closely with operations and compliance teams to ensure that you provide for the company’s short- and long-term goals
- Help build and improve systems that positively impacts both the user’s experience and retention on our systems.
- Facilitate collaboration between teams to solve interesting and challenging problems
- Aid in levelling up our craft expertise through coaching and mentoring other engineers
- Ensure our systems are future proof and ready to support the scale of our business
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team
- Be a leader of the Spotify-wide backend developer community affecting and driving our architecture and the craft across the company
- You are experienced in building and implementing large-scale systems across various projects.
- You have experience leading technical teams
- You are proficient in Java / Python
- You are experienced with deploying and operating services on Linux in a cloud environment.
- You have a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 286 million users.