We are looking for an experienced data warehouse developer to join our Data & Metrics product area. Our mission is to build the technical platform that underpins our key company decisions, revenue and royalty calculations, financial performance management and our ability to scale out to new markets and products. As a developer for data warehouse products you will be responsible for scaling out and design our next generation cloud native data warehouse for the future.
Above all, working as an engineer in Financial Engineering will challenge your design, quality and problem-solving skills to build robust, highly distributed and scalable data processing systems and pipelines.
What you’ll do
- Continue to maintain and evolve our Data Warehouse solutions.
- Work in a Microsoft SQL Server stack together with the Google Cloud Platform technologies.
- Extend and improve custom solutions built in Python or Java.
- Work with team based deliveries in an agile environment.
- Analyze large amounts of data in order to provide our Business Intelligence users and customers with accurate, insightful, and actionable information.
- Work closely with product and end-users to understand, capture, document, and analyze requirements for complex data solutions.
- Design and implement our next generation data warehousing platform of relational databases in conjunction with cloud services.
Who you are:
- You have 4+ years of experience in the development of high-quality database solutions.
- Well versed with SQL and relational databases. Data warehousing and MS SQL Stack is a merit.
- Experience with Google Cloud dataflow, Scala and Scio/Apache beam is a merit
- You have demonstrable critical thinking ability in order to analyze large data sets and attention to detail in order to derive accurate conclusions as a result.
- You have experience working with source control (GIT preferred) and participating in Agile development.
- You have a Master or Bachelor Degree in Physics, Math, Statistics, Computer Science or equivalent.
- You are self-motivated individual contributor and great teammate with the ability to prioritize and communicate progress in a rapidly changing environment.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 258 million users.