As the world’s largest audio streaming subscription service, Spotify Premium enables millions of creatives to make a living from their art by connecting them with the people who love it. Research & Development deep dives into user behaviour to create a more valuable and meaningful experience for subscribers. It’s here that you’ll grow our audience and our platform, working with many disciplines across many locations to build innovative and tech-powered product solutions.
We’re looking for experienced backend engineers to join our team in Stockholm. As part of a team in one of these tribes, you would be working on expanding our commerce capabilities and partner offerings, improving discoverability and customer accessibility of our evolving Premium propositions, or building and maintaining our customer support experience.
What you’ll do
Who you are
- Design, develop and deploy backend services focusing on high availability, low latency and scalability.
- Work closely with our UX and Design teams to design the best possible user experience thereby increasing end user engagement.
- Take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team, potentially including taking part in an on-call rotation
- At least 2-4 years of experience in working with scalable distributed systems
- Working knowledge of Python or JAVA and are comfortable working with them
- Comfort in running your services in a Linux environment
- Team success over personal success in mind, and want to collaborate both within your team and with other teams at Spotify
- Experience in working on cloud platforms like GCP / AWS (that’s a plus, not a requirement)
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 258 million users.