Spotify listeners, creators and employees trust us to provide a safe digital platform that protects any sensitive information they share with us. Spotify Security is a distributed team that champions and delivers on initiatives with Spotify’s autonomous teams to ensure that our organization keeps information security appropriately prioritized and that the trust we have with these stakeholders is well-deserved. We focus on raising security awareness, providing security intelligence and building tools to enable these teams to feel a shared sense of responsibility for security and privacy concerns. We aim to constantly improve the security posture of our organization by iterating on our tooling and process.
The Security organisation is an ambitious, hardworking and friendly group working together on an important and complex mission; improving the security posture of Spotify. In a distributed and growing organisation of engineering teams that need to iterate fast on their products, our environment is ever changing and so are the challenges for Security. We are now looking for an engineer to join one of our teams, focusing on securing software development at Spotify. As a part of this team, you will work on projects, often spanning across the wider organisation, to improve the security of Spotify’s end user facing applications and features. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
Who you are
- Be part of an agile team focusing on securing software development at Spotify, often together with engineers and teams across the Spotify organisation in a project oriented fashion.
- Take on different roles and responsibilities, depending on what the situation requires; ranging from consulting and supporting, to hands on problem solving and software development.
- Educate and influence Spotify’s engineering community on security related topics, as well as integrate secure practices into the development lifecycle where possible.
- Cover all parts of securing the software development lifecycle, tailored to the needs of the organisation.
- Be a key player in Spotify’s security organisation, with lots of room to grow and develop your skills, knowledge and experience.
- You enjoy working in teams, solving problems, learning about new technology, and sharing your learnings with others.
- You are flexible and tend to take on the role that’s needed the most. You thrive in an ever changing environment where adaptation is key, where you get to support others in balancing fast deliveries with secure development.
- You are either a curious software engineer who has been part of building high quality, production grade services and is passionate about security, or you are a curious application security engineer who cares about software development, feels comfortable digging into and reviewing architectural designs and code.
- You can easily describe your designs and proposals to others, and you enjoy collaboratively improving and executing on them.
- You have experience from working in agile environments, and you value collaboration, feedback and continuous improvement.
- You are comfortable with Linux and have experience in any language of choice. Java or Python experience is strongly preferred.
- If you have knowledge of or experience from working with mobile application security, that is a bonus.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 286 million users.