The Content Platform organization is a central enabler for the Spotify business, delivering a complete, available and enriched catalog of music, podcasts, videos and more. We discover and organize structured information about the world of audio by collecting, consuming and curating data.
Content Assembly sits at the intersection of the world’s content and Spotify’s feature teams. We are a key part of Spotify’s success by taking in, understanding, and untangling content and its metadata, ensuring that Spotify can innovate and outrun our competitors in the content space.
What you’ll do
Who you are
- Provide leadership within your product area, and across the mission
- Support members of a squad in delivering backend services with high availability, low latency, and high consistency
- Build tools to support and accelerate our operational teams
- Coordinate technical projects that span multiple development teams
- Facilitate collaboration between engineers, product managers, operations, and designers
- Translate product and business goals into technology by building relationships and seeking to understand the underlying needs
- Be a leader of the Spotify-wide backend developer community affecting and driving our architecture across the company
- Mentor engineers in ways to develop their skills
- Drive good engineering practices within your team(s)
- Challenge yourself to keep growing as a senior developer
- Contribute to the vision and long-term strategy
- Spread learning across the organization (gives internal talks, write on internal blogs, etc)
- Be a department-level expert in a particular area or tribe-level go-to person for solving problems in your domain of expertise
- You have proven experience as a technical leader for a team/department.
- You have an extensive history of working hands-on as a Software Engineer in an agile environment.
- You have experience mentoring and supporting peers and engineering teams.
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 286 million users.