Company... Climate in Forest and Land use Specialist Wood Supply &... IKEA is a global retail company with the vision to create a better everyday life for the many people. IKEA loves wood. It is renewable, recyclable and an...
Climate in Forest and Land use Specialist
Wood Supply & Forestry
IKEA is a global retail company with the vision to create a better everyday life for the many people. IKEA loves wood. It is renewable, recyclable and an excellent environmental choice given that it comes from responsibly managed forests. In Wood Supply and Forestry we work every day to enable IKEA to influence responsible forest management and wood use practices in the world. To secure accessibility of wood from responsibly managed forests through optimized supply chains and a positive impact on the world’s forests beyond our own needs leading to a positive impact on people, planet and the society.
As climate is a prioritized strategic focus for IKEA business transformation, an increasingly critical agenda is Agriculture, Forestry and Other Land use contribution to climate change mitigation. Choosing the right renewable, responsibly sourced feedstock when moving from fossil based materials to renewables
We have also decided to fund and invest in initiatives for removing and storing carbon from the atmosphere in value chain and also on a philanthropic basis.
As Climate in Forest and Land use specialist you will be part of a team designing a program for p Carbon Dioxide Removals through Agriculture, Forestry and Other land use. You will evaluate potential contribution to climate change mitigation for different projects to secure the best possible contribution from the IKEA investment. This includes benchmarking various opportunities, considering critical dimensions such as additionally, permanence and reduced risk of leakage and define performance indicators to monitor and follow up performance.
As our internal expert in Agriculture, Forestry and Other Land Use (AFOLU) in climate change mitigation you will also be part of securing a performance framework which supports our value chain transformation towards climate positive by understanding the footprint of our material use and collaborating with external partners for the development of reporting standards. You will also be crucial in for IKEAs contribution to climate mitigation through better forest management practices around the world!
You will work with different groups and networks to develop new tools, competences, infrastructure and capabilities in our organisation.
As Climate in forest and land use specialist your main assignments will be to:
• Translate scientific knowledge on Agriculture, Forestry and Other Land Use (AFOLU) into what it means to IKEA
• Support development, design and execution of the “ Removing and Storing Carbon Program” as part of the program team
• Performance evaluation of climate investment in forest and land, incl. development of performance evaluation tools for climate impact and other sustainable development goals.
• IKEA participation in, contribution to and influence on international climate reporting standard development related to AFOLU
• Support the development of performance measurements for “storing carbon in land, plants and products” as part of the climate positive commitment. This includes the impact of responsible sourcing standards (e.g. FSC) on climate mitigation, -adaptation and -resilience.
• Identify and support development of management practices forestry and agriculture to include delivery to the climate agenda, e.g. in responsible sourcing standards and certification systems.
To succeed & shine in this role, we wish that you have:
• Excellent analytical skills in data and complex systems
• Ability to translate complex matters into simple and practical solutions (working in a business context)
• Capability to lead and influence people through indirect leadership
• Academic research degree in land use and climate change or equivalent
• Experience of fieldwork in forestry and agriculture
• Capability in translating scientific knowledge into a business context
• Experience of leading projects
• Good understanding of local land use issues in a global context
• Proven capability of working well in a team
• In depth knowledge of the IPCC LULUCF standard for GHG accounting
• Able to analyse and model GHG balances in corporate LU/LUC supply chains
• Experience with the development of decision support tools that take into account a range of parameters (e.g. climate performance, biodiversity, water footprint, and benefits for rural communities)
• Experience with tropical land use systems and land markets and the societal as well as technical challenges connected with them
• Knowledge of GIS Systems (e.g. ArcGis or Grass) is an advantage
If you feel driven by the idea of supporting the steering of philanthropic funding and a large team dedicated to transform company value chains towards better climate, forestry and land use globally, this might be a position for you. We also see that you are excited by the prospect of exchanging knowledge and ideas with stakeholders form a broad range of different disciplines and cultural backgrounds. And, that you are result oriented.
For more information or any questions regarding this position, please send an email to Removing and Storing Carbon Program Manager Annie Sandgren email@example.com. If you have any questions about the actual recruitment process, please contact Kristyna Brabcova, People & Culture Recruiter at +46 733 427 586.
We will be happy to receive your application in English until 2020-03-09 at the latest.
Ange nedan vart du önskar arbeta och glöm inte bort att ange din e-postadress!
Ansök snabbt genom endast ett klick och bli uppdaterad med de senaste positionerna som passar dig. Registrera dig som en student här!Registrera dig gratis