Growth Opportunities is an innovation hub within the Markets Business Unit, where our goal is to significantly impact the growth of Spotify by reaching new users, markets and audiences. We achieve this by truly understanding the local needs of our users, and by being innovative and creative when solving problems for them, building solutions across the entire Spotify infrastructure.
Our work is experimentation-driven, where the engineering team is not only responsible for building world-class technical solutions but is also deeply involved in the ideation part of the process. They work closely with user researchers, data scientists and designers to create hypotheses around opportunities related to specific cultures, regions or markets. These hypotheses are tested by building A/B tests and prototypes.
What you’ll do
Who you are
- Design, develop and deploy backend services with a focus on high availability, low latency, and scalability
- Build and operate infrastructure, toolset and deployment pipelines
- Collaborate closely with other engineers and become a valued member of an autonomous, multi-functional team
- Take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team, potentially including taking part in an on-call rotation
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth
- Continuously improve our product by innovating on the service through the usage of A/B tests and experimentation
- You architect, design, develop and maintain Java code in symbiosis with a handful of other languages
- You are interested in keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise
- You are comfortable working with modern infrastructure and tools
- You are comfortable running your software in Linux environments
- You have a growth attitude, are curious and are not afraid to try new technologies. You share your ideas and continuously improve yourself and the team
- You know and care about sound engineering practices like continuous delivery, defensive programming, and automated testing
- You’re familiar with crafting and building distributed and scalable systems and enjoy seeing millions of users running your code
- You have a good understanding of data structures and algorithms, and understand how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 286 million users.