We are looking for a collaborative Senior Engineer to join our Backstage development squads, part of our Platform Developer Experience Organisation (PDX).
PDX creates the technology ecosystem that enables Spotify engineering to deliver quickly, while safely and easily scaling to a billion customers. Our space consists of nine squads that reflect the needs and groupings of our internal and open source end user customers. We are an amplifier for productivity, quality, and innovation across Spotify.
The Backstage squads are functions within the PDX aiming to deliver an open and thriving ecosystem trusted by millions of engineers, one where hundreds of companies collaborate to build the best developer experience in the world. In essence, lead Spotify into a new era of infrastructure based on an open foundation, bringing an industry leading developer experience.
What you’ll do
Who you are
- You will be part of a cross functional team of different domain experts working closely with internal customers and our open-source community
- Promote sound engineering practices, drive work on technical strategy and roadmaps
- Advocate for unification of infrastructure, tools and languages where clients are similar in structure to lower the cost of ownership and increase the speed of the adopting teams
- You’ll collaborate with other engineers, product managers, and designers to identify and solve challenges, creating an awesome engineering experience for the open-source community and internal Spotify engineering teams.
- Initiate, influence and drive technical projects.
- Participate in meetings with cross-functional teams and key stakeholders at all levels.
- Support in identifying and implementing measurements of success for the team.
- You have extensive experience working hands-on as a Software Engineer in an agile environment
- Comfortable around infrastructure
- React, TypeScript and Java are a part of your tool-belt, knowledge working with GraphQL and build systems are a bonus
- Experienced in working on or contributing to large scale open-source projects
- You enjoy mentoring and supporting peers and engineering teams, fostering best engineering practices
- As a great influencer with great communication skills, you love sharing your knowledge with others and helping them grow.
- You possess a deep understanding of how to translate product and business goals into tech
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 320 million users.