Program developer @ R&D department
Are you looking for your next career step in a high-tech company which drives the global energy transition?
Be part of an open and dynamic workplace where flexible working hours, professional and personal development are high on the agenda. We make our vision of sustainable, affordable and reliable energy by supporting our customers towards decarbonization, developing cost effective energy solutions and pushing digitalization in our products, a reality.
At Siemens we value diversity by inclusion and by cooperating with people with different mindset, background, experience, competence and personal traits – in all organisational levels.
We make real what matters. This is your role
We are now looking for new colleagues within the Industrial Gas Turbines R&D technology department. The department is responsible for the development and maintenance of several in-house calculation tools that are being used for developing and maintaining our products during their entire life cycle.
You will be involved in all steps of the design tool development process; from requirement specifications, understanding customer needs, software development, testing, implementation, as well as advanced user support.
We also see future use of these models in systems such as digital twins, where real-world turbine usage is reflected digitally. This opens up possibilities for developing technology, based on artificial intelligence, in order to optimize performance and lowering emissions.
- You will work with state-of-the-art design tools and technologies that are being used to develop world class energy system products.
- This position offers career opportunities within the global engineering community network.
We need someone who is burning for digitalization and has an open mind
- Minimum 5 years experience in software development of calculation tools.
- Advanced level in C# / .net programming, experience in development of applications for MS Windows operative system. Additional software skills such as Python, Java, FORTRAN, C/C++
- Good competence in OpenGL (OpenTK), LINQ, WPF, Git as code development platform
- Strong background in mathematics (numerical methods, linear and non-linear problems)
- Basic understanding of physics and fluid mechanics, heat transfer and thermodynamic processes
- Fluent in English, verbally and in writing
- You have a M.Sc. or Ph.D. with focus on programming, software development with interest in physical problems. Alternatively, M.Sc. or Civilingenjör with focus on fluid mechanics, heat transfer, thermodynamics with strong competence in programming.
- Strong customer focus and good communication skills.
- Quality and solution oriented
Apply today via www.siemens.se/jobb refnr 202750 and no later than March 16. The role is permanent and full time and you will be based in Finspång, Sweden.