Company... Manufacturing Developer Category Area Specific Home Furnishing... In IKEA want to continue working very closely together with our hundreds of suppliers in more than 25 countries with a common goal and plans to...
Category Area Specific Home Furnishing Business
In IKEA want to continue working very closely together with our hundreds of suppliers in more than 25 countries with a common goal and plans to optimize our value chain, resulting in better products at lower costs. To strengthen IKEA Supply Chain and the quality of our products we need a Manufacturing Developer to join the team within Category Area Specific Home Furnishing Business.
In Category Area Specific Home Furnishing Business we are working with seven different categories – Ceramic, Glass, Wall Decorations, Candles & Chemicals, Green Plants, Toys and Custom Made Worktops We have an ambitious plan to influence and transform this Industry during the coming years. Moving from traditional labour intensive processes to more flexible, efficient and automated setups.
We are looking for a Manufacturing Developer with an experience and ability to improve efficiency and effectiveness of our existing supplier base as well as to challenge entire industries by applying innovative approach. A professional who is not only caring an extensive knowledge in Lean Manufacturing but also has a strong desire and leadership ability to apply it in reality and transfer the knowledge to our suppliers and category business teams. Your experience in automation and design of efficient and integrated packaging lines being a part of the existing production/product flow is a necessary advantage when applying for this job.
In this role you will actively lead and participate in Category Area transformation process by running manufacturing improvement projects with a focus on optimizing packaging lines in order to raise efficiency as well as quality at our suppliers. You will implement the Lean Manufacturing concept throughout the Category Area by both competence initiatives and by establishing new ways of working towards suppliers.
If you want to play a key role when it comes to continuous improvements it might be you that we are looking for!
The Manufacturing Developer role contains the following main tasks:
• Lead Manufacturing Assessments evaluating the supplier’s manufacturing performance, systems and competence to produce IKEA products and to create manufacturing/Quality improvement plans.
• Lead improvement and develop efficient production processes, including packing line process, from incoming components to finished goods shipment to enable lower total cost and improve quality.
• Perform Kaizen activities at suppliers, securing right preconditions are in place.
• Develop and implement Lean concept within the categories through competence initiatives and implementation of ways of working towards suppliers
• Secure knowledge sharing and lead trainings to suppliers and IKEA co-workers in Lean Manufacturing.
Is this the next challenge for you?
In order to meet the requirements you should have deep knowledge of production as well as supply chain preconditions with both customer and cost in focus. You already have the overview of the value chain from raw material to finished goods, with solid understanding of capacities and lead time in production.
Furthermore we expect you to:
• Have good knowledge about Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen and Six Sigma tools in order to be an excellent Lean ambassador, focusing on both the reduction of total cost as well as improving quality.
• Have a proven track record of performing lean operations on the factory floor.
• Be able to work independently and remotely.
• Feel comfortable on the factory floor.
• Have the capability to transfer knowledge and working methods to co-workers and suppliers, therefore it is an advantage if you have experience from leading or facilitating training sessions.
• Be hands on in your way of working with a clear and structured approach towards your stakeholders.
• Be strong in informal leadership and working in teams.
• Be a good communicator in English, both verbal and written.
Does it sound interesting?
We look forward to receive your application in English at the latest on 17th March.
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process and/or the position: About the role, contact Nikita Gureev ,Category Area Specific Engineering & Quality Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org, and about recruitment the People and Culture Recruiter Christina Appelqvist at +46 768545198
We look forward to receiving your application!
Ange nedan vart du önskar arbeta och glöm inte bort att ange din e-postadress!
Ansök snabbt genom endast ett klick och bli uppdaterad med de senaste positionerna som passar dig. Registrera dig som en student här!Registrera dig gratis