Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 4000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
Engineering at Klarna is an inspired, customer focused community, dedicated to crafting solutions that redefine our industry. Working in small, highly collaborative Agile teams, you and your team will have a clear mission and ownership of an important outcome that supports Klarna and our customers. At Klarna we optimise for quality, flow, fast feedback, focussing on end-to-end ownership, continuous improvement, testing, monitoring and experimentation. We aim for teams that are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
Engineering is rapidly growing and we are looking for a Security Architect to support the engineering organization with security knowledge and to drive larger cross-cutting initiatives. Our goal is to challenge how security & compliance is done within an organisation that is using modern development practices and technologies, which is also operating within one of the most highly regulated areas. There will be many situations with unsolved challenges, hence there is great room for creativity, and there are many important and interesting problems/challenges to work on.
What you'll get to do
- Develop & support the development of security strategy
- Advice on security in key projects
- Architecture for Security Assurance & Security Automation
- Help Klarna achieve security compliance efficiently with minimal team impact
Some of the things you’ll get to work with
- System dependency graphs
- Security Simulation Software
- Information security requirements & regulations
You must have
- At least 5 years of software architecture, and software development experience within an agile environment
- Experience with secure design and security engineering
- Hands on experience of creating security activities for an SDLC (threat modelling, awareness training, etc).
- Working experience with at least one of: AWS, GCP, Azure
- Project & stakeholder management skills and experience with driving larger technology initiatives
- Experience with some aspect(s) of security operations (e.g. incident response, bug bounty)
You may also have
- Python programming experience
- Public speaking skills
What we can offer you
Culture - You'll have an opportunity to work with people from 90+ different countries in our English speaking offices in Stockholm/Berlin city centre.
Learning - We have a learning and development focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training, and regular internal technical talks.
Compensation - You’ll receive an attractive salary, pension, and insurance plans, plus we offer all of our employees an opportunity to invest in a RSU program and own a stake of the company. You’ll also receive 30 days annual leave and since we recognise that life is about more than work, we also offer benefits for gym memberships, marathons, and all sorts of activities that promote physical health. We also have generous parental leave (for men and women).
Relocation - We can offer relocation support to Stockholm. We know diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our teams include women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the college-educated, and people from all over the world.
We also believe in making contributions back to the open source community. You can find some of our work at.
How to apply: please send us your CV or LinkedIn profile in English
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.
- Typ av kontrakt
- Heltidsjobb (förstajobb)
- Typ av jobb
- Civilingenjör / Arkitekt, IT
- Körkort önskas
- Tillgång till bil önskas
- Personligt brev krävs