Are you passionate about delivering high quality services and a born leader? Then we have a challenge for you! ATEA is undergoing a major digital transformation and ATEA Digital Services (ADS, our Group IT function) is driving this change. We are recruiting for the Director – Infrastructure Managed Services (IMS). In this role, you will report directly to the Head of Infrastructure & Collaboration Services.
Infrastructure Managed Services (IMS) is orchestrating the delivery of IT infrastructure across all ATEA through a hybrid multi-cloud setup, combining internal as well as cloud capacity offered through ATEA’s strategic alliances with top-tier partners.
You will join an area where your work will have positive implications for the wider business for ATEA. If you are looking for a real challenge and be part of building a high performing team, then this may be the opportunity for you.
Your role in the team
You have the end-to-end responsibility for designing, building, and integrating new technology solutions and related infrastructure. Your areas of coverage include Network Services, Telecommunications and System Administration. You ensure effective communication and visibility into group offerings, changes, and challenges.
You are a natural leader and work between strategic and tactical boundaries. You drive the governance of key strategic partners and secure consistent delivery of IMS across ATEA. You work closely with all stakeholders, project managers, suppliers, and other important functions within and outside ATEA and play an active role in promoting digitalization.
Your main duties
- Provide strategic direction and oversight of network, telecommunications, infrastructure systems, and data center services
- Work closely with ATEA Managed Services (AMS) leadership to understand how their delivery can be utilized within ATEA Group
- Work closely with the other departmental directors to plan, strategize, and ensure key initiatives are developed and completed
- Working with the department’s leadership, set direction and vision for support for third-party, on premise, and cloud applications and services and how we utilize this as a showcase internally
- Advance the use of effective communication strategies such as dashboards and visual analytics
- Research current and new industry trends, technologies, and software development practices
- Identify opportunities for improvements, expansion, and/or reduction of services that meet the changing needs of the enterprise
- Execute the implementation of storage, compute, telecommunications, and network related projects and services
- Provide effective management and oversight of cloud service offerings and service providers to our Service Delivery Managers (SDMs) within ADS
- Work closely with the Information Security Office, ensure mitigation of security vulnerabilities and risks across managed systems, applications, and services
- Promote and use a data driven approach within its group to ensure SLAs are met and to drive understanding and improvements within areas of responsibilities
- Develop and drive a technical community across the organization that fosters innovation, agile design and test methodology, flexible teaming, knowledge sharing and talent transformation
- Collaborate with other IT teams as appropriate to develop and design the most appropriate technology & service deliverables. This includes a shared services framework
- Develop, promote, and follow project management principles
- Responsible for defining the enterprise architecture and technology review process for infrastructure
- Work with ADS Leadership and lead the planning, implementation, and documentation of disaster recovery and business continuity efforts; ensure that institutional data is managed, archived, and stored securely in both local and offsite repositories
- Support the development of policies, standards and guidelines that direct the selection, development, implementation, and use of IT in ATEA
- Hire, supervise, develop, evaluate, mentor and coach staff
- Cultivate an environment of continuous learning and growth
- Develop, track, and control the information technology annual operating and capital budgets
- Monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess performance
- Assist in the analysis and evaluation of cost recovery, cost & benefit, and other quality management/assessment approaches for IT services
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned
What are we looking for?
To succeed in this role, you should have:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred)
- A minimum of 6 years of proven experience in similar position
- At least 5 years of experience in management of professional technical staff positions
- At least 10 years of experience working within an enterprise grade infrastructure or systems group
- Demonstrated increasing level of responsibility in leadership roles
- Demonstrated experience effectively developing, communicating, and implementing strategic objectives
- Knowledge of Cloud-Service SLAs and vendor management, reporting applications, monitoring tools, system configuration best practices, network and security credentials systems, Microsoft Office, cloud services including SaaS/PaaS/IaaS, disaster recovery and business continuity best practices
- Demonstrated experience with data center, network design, and technologies
- Demonstrated ability to apply best practices in project management and timely deliverables, and the ability to prioritize projects and manage resources
- Ability to build and maintain productive relationships with a wide range of personalities in clients, business unites, team members and peers within all levels of ATEA
- Demonstrated ability to be forward-thinking and innovative while understanding client needs and the limitations of business processes and technologies
- Ability to translate business needs into technical requirements to enable support staff success in meeting the expectations of our internal and external clients
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to evaluate alternatives and drive to solutions
Welcome with your application! If you have any questions about the position, you are welcome to contact Konstantinos Viglas at email@example.com or 0470 77 16 90. We handle applications in an ongoing basis and the position can be filled before the final application date. As part of ATEA's recruitment process, background checks on the final candidate are included.
ATEA is the market leader in IT infrastructure for businesses and public-sector organizations in Europe’s Nordic and Baltic regions. With more than 7,000 employees located in 80+ offices across seven countries — Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia — ATEA combines a unique breadth of competence in IT infrastructure with a powerful local presence in each market we serve. ATEA offers a full range of hardware and software from the world’s top technology companies. Our team of specialist consultants has technical certifications and system integration skills to design, implement and operate solutions for even the most complex IT requirements. As a result, we help customers solve problems and get maximum productivity from their IT investments.