The best place to work in the Global Automotive Industry. Join us on this exciting journey into the future, we want to hear from you!
We aim high. So do you.
At Volvo Cars, we have bold targets when it comes to innovation, sales and customer experience, and we’re developing new technologies to lead in safety, autonomous driving and electrification. If you want to grow together with talented people creating a new automotive future, we have a job for you.
The mobility industry is changing rapidly, and the competitive environment and our company’s strategy is under fast change. Digitization, sustainable & flexible mobility, personalization of every aspect of life, and self-driving technology are a few examples of this change, and they provide us with opportunity to grow our business and create consumer experiences we had never imagined before. In order to be part of the evolving market and meet our future customer demand, Volvo Cars recently announced that we are now kicking of the construction of a brand-new, all-electric, climate neutral factory in Europe.
At Global Investments within Procurement we are now looking for an experienced Category Buyer to strengthen our team. This role focuses on forklifts, a highly complex, multi-million affair at a company like Volvo Cars, and test equipment, such as crash test equipment; supporting our long standing core value of safety.
What we offer
You will be part of a cross-functional, international team that value personal qualities, diversity, team spirit and engagement.
We work in Global Category Teams, that together with our internal stakeholders drive the electrification transformation and develop our manufacturing capability and footprint.
It is in our mindset and culture to bring out the best in people and to be innovative and adaptable to change. Our leaders develop, coach and motivate people to take ownership of the business and operations and our category teams work together to extract maximum value out of our supplier base. But, most important: we have fun!
Your key tasks
• Lead and support cross-functional sourcing projects within the category including preparation, execution, analysis, negotiation, supplier selection and contract management
• Develop and implement category and supplier strategies
• Create and maintain commercial relations with suppliers and stakeholders
• Work proactively with key business stakeholders to understand your product/service, its market, supply base and potential innovation to find ways to increase value for Volvo Cars - including cost, quality, and sustainability
• Perform market analysis, prioritization, and identification of optimal negotiation tactics
• Dare to question status quo or decided routes with stakeholders, suppliers, people; and work proactively to build better understanding and work towards common solutions
• There will be some need for global business travel
Do you fit the profile?
To be successful in the role you build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives. You gain the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity. You have a creative mindset and consistently achieve results, even under tough circumstances and actively seek new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels.
As a person you are a true team player and you give and ask for support. You enjoy collaboration in teams as well as independently driving and completing tasks.
You take on complex projects in a structured way. You have a flexible mindset and quickly adapt in our fast-moving work environment and you confidently act in an international environment.
• University degree or equivalent
• Minimum 2 years of experience from a relevant purchasing role and sourcing activities listed above
• Experience from sourcing test equipment, forklifts or indirect material in general is a merit
• Have worked with supplier management and contractual topics and are used to drive fact-based negotiations/discussions
• Have worked with sourcing strategies
• Fluent in English, written and spoken
How to learn more and apply
If you have any questions about the position, you are welcome to contact Jakob Levin at email@example.com. Questions regarding the recruitment process? Please contact Senior Recruiter Maria Westermark at firstname.lastname@example.org
We want your application Aug 24th 2022, at the latest but selection will be running continuously.
Please note due to GDPR we only accept application via our Recruitment Tool.
Who are we?
Everything we do starts with people. Our purpose is to provide freedom to move, in a personal, sustainable and safe way. We are committed to simplifying our customers’ lives by offering better technology solutions that improve their impact on the world and bringing the most advanced mobility innovations to protect them, their loved ones and the people around them.
Volvo Cars’ continued success is the result of a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive working environment. The people of Volvo Cars are committed to making a difference in our world. Today, we are one of the most well-known and respected car brands, with over 40,000 employees across the globe. We believe in bringing out the best in each other and harnessing the true power of people. At Volvo Cars your career is designed around your talents and aspirations so you can reach your full potential. Join us on a journey of a lifetime as we create safety, autonomous driving and electrification technologies of tomorrow.
Ange nedan vart du önskar arbeta och glöm inte bort att ange din e-postadress!