The best place to work in the Global Automotive Industry. Join us on this exciting journey into the future, we want to hear from you!
Let’s create the future of sustainable mobility together.
Volvo Cars is a human-centered company, and our open-minded culture unites us and is our competitive edge. We believe in doing things together, and we gather around missions to achieve great results. Our culture improves our engagement, development, and performance, and therefore also our business success and our attractiveness as an employer. We offer you a once-in-a-lifetime chance to make an impact in a company with unique opportunities to grow and make a true difference.
Be part of our journey.
What's in it for you?
Manufacturing Engineering's mission: “Our people develop global, lean production processes to create the best manufacturing environments." Our main customers are manufacturing plants, to whom we supply installations of equipment, industrial strategy plans, methods, and know-how. As a mechanical engineer in our department, your daily work to create world-class, global, lean, highly efficient, and flexible industrial systems within the area of equipment automation.
The Group Technology & Industrialization is part of ME body and has responsibility for developing and implementing equipment solutions for product projects, running changes, capacity projects, and non-product projects according to project targets. You will be part of a process & technology team (belong to Technology & Industrialization) and the work also includes networking with the global ME technology team, plant engineering, and production within our company as well as with external suppliers.
The position requires some traveling.
What you will do
As our next Equipment Engineer (Mechanical)
Detail work you will do:
• Lead / follow Volvo Cars standards for mechanical, and technical communication with the supplier, mechanical equipment design review, and buy-off.
• In charge of brand selecting of mechanical equipment, setting process solution.
• Support to resolve the problems in manufacturing, increase efficiency and quality, review work regularly, upgrade the team competence, and help to coach the new employees in our team.
• Assist the production team to upgrade efficiency, lower cost, set the standard work time and improving product quality.
• Participate in preparing new projects, foresight the potential problems during manufacturing, and resolve them in time.
• Support and participate in Volvo Cars global standard updates and our SME (Subject Matter Expert) team that we have globally
• Fulfil other tasks assigned by management
Do you fit the profile?
We believe you:
• Have B.Sc. in Engineering or equivalent competence gained by experience.
• Have good communication skills in English and Swedish, both spoken and written.
• Have experience from equipment and / or automotive projects.
• Have experience in mechanical equipment, grippers, fixtures.
• Have knowledge in Catia V5
• Have experience in problem solving.
As a person, we believe you have great communication skills and you collaborate well with others. We also think you are a structured person who plans and has documentation skills. Self-driven, result-oriented, flexible, and positive attitude.
How to learn more and apply
For questions about the position, please contact Hiring Manager, Jonas Albertsson at
email@example.com or contact Senior Recruiter, Happy Andira at firstname.lastname@example.org
You are welcome with your application at the latest 14th September 2022. Please note that applications via email will not be accepted.
Who are we?
Everything we do starts with people. Our purpose is to provide freedom to move, in a personal, sustainable and safe way. We are committed to simplifying our customers’ lives by offering better technology solutions that improve their impact on the world and bringing the most advanced mobility innovations to protect them, their loved ones and the people around them.
Volvo Cars’ continued success is the result of a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive working environment. The people of Volvo Cars are committed to making a difference in our world. Today, we are one of the most well-known and respected car brands, with over 40,000 employees across the globe. We believe in bringing out the best in each other and harnessing the true power of people. At Volvo Cars your career is designed around your talents and aspirations so you can reach your full potential. Join us on a journey of a lifetime as we create safety, autonomous driving and electrification technologies of tomorrow.
Ange nedan vart du önskar arbeta och glöm inte bort att ange din e-postadress!