On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
Klarna strives to become the world’s favorite way to buy, and you can contribute to reaching this goal! We are looking to hire great people, who are passionate about using their talents to generate success. Analytics is no exception! We are currently looking to grow our Analytics teams to satisfy the company’s ever-increasing need for complex problem solving and data-driven decision making.
We are looking for ambitious people with significant drive! We need problem solvers, initiative takers, people that see opportunities and potential to improve. You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast-paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level - thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to deliver and grow as an individual. At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent in doing so.
What you will do
- Be part of Klarna’s growing team of tax advisers, based in Sweden, forming a close partnership with business areas to assist with Klarna’s growth
- You will be the go-to person on Swedish corporate tax issues, advising on a diverse range of transactions or initiatives, from M&A deals or restructurings through to new product assessment and approval. This will involve fact-finding, analyzing and assessing risks (in conjunction with advisers where appropriate), suggesting alternatives, writing analyses of the issues and presenting to senior management
- In addition, you provide technical support for accounting colleagues:
- In their delivery of the tax numbers and disclosures in our Swedish and consolidated IFRS financial statements, by providing information on the key items impacting our tax position in the period
- By reviewing and authorizing the submission of Swedish corporate income tax returns
- Through ensuring that associated controls have been appropriately designed and implemented
- Identify, evaluate and assist (directly in the case of Swedish issues and indirectly on material overseas matters) in closing out tax risks on a timely basis, for example by managing external tax authority audits or disputes
- Manage the technical response to financial statement audits
- Manage input from external tax service providers on specific projects
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in verbal and written English
- Can demonstrate end to end ownership of complex tasks with multiple stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail and a strong bias toward action
- Able to manage and prioritize multiple concurrent tasks
- An ambitious, proactive team player who feels accountable for the full team delivery and contributes to a great team spirit
- Strong understanding of Swedish corporate income tax
- Knowledge of a broad range of corporate tax matters, with at least 4-5 years of experience working within tax, ideally with experience of the Financial Services industry and/or the Technology sector
- Advanced degree in Tax preferred, and a relevant Bachelor's Degree is required
How to apply: Send over a CV in English.
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, remotely within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
- Typ av kontrakt
- Heltidsjobb (förstajobb)
- Typ av jobb
- Civilingenjör / Arkitekt, IT
- Körkort önskas
- Tillgång till bil önskas
- Personligt brev krävs