The best place to work in the Global Automotive Industry. Join us on this exciting journey into the future, we want to hear from you!
Thesis Worker at Volvo Cars
Welcome to explore the world of Volvo Cars by writing your thesis with us! As a thesis worker in our organization you are supported by a supervisor who follows you during your project. All thesis projects are arranged in business critical areas and therefore you will be able to contribute to our company purpose – providing freedom to move in a safe, sustainable and personal way – from day one!
Aerodynamics for a vehicle is partly developed in wind tunnel tests. In these, it is would be valuable to be able to reshape at least some parts of the car automatically while at the same time have optimization algoritms developed for how to run the shape configuration steps.
• Develop ”off-the-shelf” hardware concepts that we can lift into our clay cars and other test cars.
• Develop a simplistic GUI for connecting and controlling the mechatronics including choice of DoE-runs, parameter studies, optimization algorithms, etc.
• Investigate optimization algorithms to determine suitable approach for windtunnel testing.
Your contribution is our future
• MSc Engineering student in applied physics, mechanics or similar. Ready for thesis work 2023.
• Education in direction towards fluid dynamics or mechatronics.
• Programming skills.
• Communication skills and ability to document a work process in steps.
• Fluent in English, spoken and written
Part of the thesis must be done at site, Volvo Cars Gothenburg.
• The work will probably start in January 2023 (to be agreed with student and university)
• The duration for this thesis work is 20 weeks.
• 30 ECTS (Master academic credits) if in agreement with your Thesis Advisor in University
• This thesis is could to be conducted by 1 student or 2 Students working in pair.
Be part of the change – apply today!
Selection will be ongoing during the application period, so do not hesitate to send in your application. Attach your Cv and personal letter stating your interests within the given area and your thoughts and credentials.
Apply as soon as possible but no later than November 18th, 2022.
Please note that due to GDPR applications via email will not be accepted.
For questions about the thesis work please contact, contact Guglielmo Minelli at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are Volvo Cars
Volvo Cars is a company on a mission to bring traditional car manufacturing into a connected, sustainable and smart future. Since 1927, we've been known for our commitment to safety and for creating innovative cars that make life less complicated. In 2010, we decided to radically redefine our business, resulting in a totally new generation of cars and technology, as well as steady growth and record sales - and we're only getting started. By 2025, we aim to have yearly sales of 1.2 million cars, 50% of which will be electric vehicles and sold directly to customers through digital channels. We also intend to strengthen our position as a modern, progressive employer committed to diversity and gender and racial equality. We believe in the power of people. Join us and be part of Volvo Cars' transformation.
Ange nedan vart du önskar arbeta och glöm inte bort att ange din e-postadress!