The best place to work in the Global Automotive Industry. Join us on this exciting journey into the future, we want to hear from you!
Software development that makes a difference
At Volvo Cars, we are making bold digital visions come true. We aim to lead in the automotive world by creating a digital ecosystem built around making our customers' lives less complicated. Now we are looking for curious, creative people who want to change the world through innovative thinking.
The role is within our Global Online Experience (GOX) area and our mission is to ensure we provide a transparent and reliable experience for our customers that have bought or leased a vehicle with us.
What you'll do
You will be developing software for consumer-facing and internal products across more than 100 countries. We build the end-to-end experience for online sales/subscriptions of cars, global campaigns as well as frameworks for other parts. Your responsibilities will include software development in a cross-functional product team, where you’ll learn and grow your craft and skills.
You and your skills
We believe that you are a curious, hands-on and motivated developer with an understanding of the need for testing and writing solid code. You are humble, willing to learn and engage in daily conversations with your colleagues. You actively seek new knowledge and practice self-leadership in growing your skills.
To succeed in this role, you need to have:
• High proficiency in C# and .Net programming
• Good understanding of Object-oriented programming, Refactoring, Clean code and Clean architecture
• Good understanding of APIs (REST and/or GraphQL)
• Good understanding of relational and non-relational databases (eg. PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, etc )
• Good understanding of event screaming solutions (eg. Kafka, Azure Service Bus, or similar)
• Familiar with one or more cloud providers like Azure, AWS, Google Cloud
• A willingness to learn and grow
It’s nice if you also have:
• Good understanding of Agile, TDD, Pair Programming, CI/CD
• Any/some experience with Frontend tech stacks, this is not a full stack role, but the team indeed provide the opportunity to work from end-to-end if you want to
• A passion for cars and development in the auto industry
What you will get
This is an opportunity to learn and grow professionally, being part of fast-paced product development and an organization with a clear purpose. You will have the opportunity to work with people from all over the world and have the chance to provide your unique perspective.
In addition to that, you’ll also have:
• Collective Agreement and ITP pensions.
• An annual allowance to spend on your health and wellbeing.
• Plenty of leave to let you take time off for what's most important in life
• At Volvo Car Group, all new parents with one year’s permanent service now receive 24 weeks of parental leave, paid at 80 percent of their base pay.
The policy is for everyone – whether you’re a designer or a plant operator, whether you work in Sweden, China, or the USA.
Read more here: https://group.volvocars.com/careers/family-bond-by-volvo-cars
How To Learn More And Apply
For questions about the position or the recruitment process, please contact Senior Recruiter Matias Kauppinen at email@example.com. Please note that applications via email will not be accepted.
Who are we?
Everything we do starts with people. Our purpose is to provide freedom to move, in a personal, sustainable and safe way. We are committed to simplifying our customers’ lives by offering better technology solutions that improve their impact on the world and bringing the most advanced mobility innovations to protect them, their loved ones and the people around them.
Volvo Cars’ continued success is the result of a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive working environment. The people of Volvo Cars are committed to making a difference in our world. Today, we are one of the most well-known and respected car brands, with over 40,000 employees across the globe. We believe in bringing out the best in each other and harnessing the true power of people. At Volvo Cars your career is designed around your talents and aspirations so you can reach your full potential. Join us on a journey of a lifetime as we create safety, autonomous driving and electrification technologies of tomorrow.
Ange nedan vart du önskar arbeta och glöm inte bort att ange din e-postadress!