The best place to work in the Global Automotive Industry. Join us on this exciting journey into the future, we want to hear from you!
Software development that makes a difference
At Volvo Cars, we are making bold digital visions come true. We aim to lead in the automotive world by creating a digital ecosystem built around making our customers' lives less complicated. Now we are looking for curious, creative people who want to change the world through innovative thinking.
What’s in it for you?
This role is within our Future Retail and Assisted Shopping Cluster. You will be responsible for developing the concept of the Future Retail Platform along with Product and UX teams, defining the technology strategy and architecture for the one of the Future Retail Platform teams. The idea with the Future Retail Platform is to provide Volvo Cars retailers a 360-degree partnership platform that unites assisted sales management, service operations, performance management, education, and community into a one-stop-shop solution, allowing them to efficiently operate and grow their business while delivering an outstanding customer experience.
The team is located both in Gothenburg and Stockholm Sweden and we use a hybrid in-office/work-from-home policy.
What you’ll do:
• Guide and grow a team of engineers through hiring, mentoring, inspiring, and feedback.
• Ensure through streamlined execution and experimentation that our solutions meet the needs of our customers quickly and accurately
• Be the voice of engineering in the Product team through a friendly and effective collaboration with the product- and UX counterparts
• Together with your peers, advocate and advance modern, agile software development and develop and facilitate good engineering practices.
• As an Engineering leader, you will assist ensure the solutions are scalable, sustainable, and architecturally sound, and technical debt is both incurred consciously and repaid in a reasonable time.
Be a motivated member of the Cluster engineering leadership team and collaborate with other leaders across the cluster.
You and your skills:
We are looking for a person that enjoys guiding, developing, inspiring, and growing an engineering team, and has previous experience doing so; you have been an engineering manager before this and know what it takes to build a phenomenal team.
You are someone that possesses a deep understanding of how to translate product and business goals into sound technical solutions and can mentor your team in this. You are knowledgeable and enthusiastic about modern software development that builds products our customers are invested in.
Prior to starting a technical leadership career, you have had extensive experience working hands-on as a Software Engineer in an agile environment.
As a great leader, you possess compassion, understand that every individual and situation has its specific needs, and can adapt leadership style and interactions accordingly. Having fun at work is important, and you take great care in making sure everyone always feels welcome and included!
We offer our employees excellent benefits such as:
• Plenty of leave to let you take time off for what's most important in life
• Collective Agreement and ITP pensions.
• An annual allowance to spend on your health and wellbeing.
• At Volvo Car Group, all new parents with one year’s permanent service now receive 24 weeks of parental leave, paid at 80 percent of their base pay.
The policy is for everyone – whether you’re a designer or a plant operator, whether you work in Sweden, China, or the USA.
Read more here: https://group.volvocars.com/careers/family-bond-by-volvo-cars
• A private health insurance
Who are we?
Everything we do starts with people. Our purpose is to provide freedom to move, in a personal, sustainable and safe way. We are committed to simplifying our customers’ lives by offering better technology solutions that improve their impact on the world and bringing the most advanced mobility innovations to protect them, their loved ones and the people around them.
Volvo Cars’ continued success is the result of a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive working environment. The people of Volvo Cars are committed to making a difference in our world. Today, we are one of the most well-known and respected car brands, with over 40,000 employees across the globe. We believe in bringing out the best in each other and harnessing the true power of people. At Volvo Cars your career is designed around your talents and aspirations so you can reach your full potential. Join us on a journey of a lifetime as we create safety, autonomous driving and electrification technologies of tomorrow.
Ange nedan vart du önskar arbeta och glöm inte bort att ange din e-postadress!