On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
Klarna strives to become the world’s favourite way to buy, and you can contribute to reaching this goal! We are looking to hire great people, who are passionate about using their talents to generate success. Analytics is no exception! We are currently looking to grow our Analytics teams to satisfy the company’s ever-increasing need for complex problem solving and data-driven decision making.
Who you are
We are looking for an analyst to join our team. The Partner Counterparty Risk (PCR) team at Klarna mainly analyzes:
- The financial strength of our merchants
- The potential exposure Klarna faces in the case of merchant insolvency
- The various options Klarna has to mitigate our potential loss.
Our main KPI is to reduce merchant losses by actively monitoring Klarna’s high-risk live merchants and also by proposing risk mitigation measures at the point of onboarding. All standard non-risk underwriting decisions are made automatically, therefore MCR focuses on the largest deals and corner cases.
Our team is located in Stockholm. We collaborate closely with the Commercial teams, Partner Monitoring, Partner Operations, Risk Control, Partner Intelligence, and Credit Control and Analysis teams.
The person who will be successful in this role should be a self-starter, able to drive tasks and projects end-to-end, take prompt decisions when needed, and able to report on the performance of Klarna’s merchant portfolio to management. Additionally, a successful analyst at PCR should have extensive knowledge & hands-on experience in the financial analysis of businesses. Experience in credit risk analysis for companies is a plus.
Day to day will see you
- Taking credit risk decisions in the underwriting process of Klarna’s enterprise merchants
- Advisory on risk mitigation strategies during the onboarding process for merchants
- Monitoring the financial stability of enterprise merchants
- Advisory in merchant contract negotiations in regard to financial risk-related matters
- Preparation of reports to the Risk Control Department, Board of Directors, and Financial Authorities when necessary
You should have
- Degree in a quantitative business discipline such as finance, business administration, accounting, economics, or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in financial analysis
- An understanding of how to perform data extraction and manipulation, as well as programming languages, is a plus (SQL, R, Python, MatLab, Java, C#, etc.).
- A curious mindset - you’ll be someone who loves to question the why!
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
You might also have
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong conceptual ability
- Significant drive and ambition.
Please send us a CV in English in this application and we will come back to you as soon as possible if we find your profile relevant for the role.
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, remotely within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
- Typ av kontrakt
- Heltidsjobb (förstajobb)
- Typ av jobb
- Civilingenjör / Arkitekt, IT
- Körkort önskas
- Tillgång till bil önskas
- Personligt brev krävs