On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
Klarna strives to become the world’s favorite way to buy, and you can contribute to reaching this goal! We are looking to hire great people, who are passionate about using their talents to generate success. Analytics is no exception! We are currently looking to grow our Analytics teams to satisfy the company’s ever-increasing need for complex problem solving and data-driven decision making.
Who you are
We are looking for ambitious people with significant drive! We need problem solvers, initiative takers, people that see opportunities and potential to improve. You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast-paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level - thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to deliver and grow as an individual. At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent in doing so.
What you will do
- Be part of Klarna’s Financial and Regulatory Reporting domain, based in either Sweden (Stockholm or Gothenburg) or London, and at the same time closely aligned with tax professionals across Klarna’s key geographies
- The role would cover Corporate Income Taxes and Indirect Tax (VAT, GST etc) accounting
- You will bring tax accounting expertise to
- Review tax numbers and disclosures for material entities, as prepared by accounting colleagues
- Ensure that a tax reconciliation is performed in respect of those entities, and at a consolidated level
- Maintain tax risk registers and associated tax risk provision documentation, working closely with other tax professionals within Klarna
- Assist with forecasting of tax numbers, including where relevant the impact of any changes to tax law (eg rate changes)
- Support accounting colleagues in reviewing larger tax returns (corporate tax or VAT) prior to their submission
- Introduce process enhancements or efficiencies, for example through the use of technology (built in-house or sourced externally) or simply by reviewing existing processes and suggesting more efficient ways of working
- Review and, if needed, improve the internal control environment over tax reporting and tax compliance, including ensuring that the main risks have been identified, controls have been designed to mitigate the risks, and that the controls are effective and appropriately documented
- Maintain documentation of policies and procedures (with associated controls) governing Klarna’s tax obligations and the management of tax risk within the wider organization. Oversee their implementation and effectiveness
- Support the organization on financial statement audits from a tax accounting perspective
- Run the transfer pricing model on a monthly basis, working with the tax advisory team (who set the parameters for the model and review the outputs of your work), to determine the invoices to be issued between group entities
- Support in producing annual country-by-country reporting
- Run and maintain the VAT pro-rata model(s) (at least annually but more often when needed for other purposes, eg forecasting), working with the tax advisory team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile environment
- In depth knowledge of tax accounting from an IFRS perspective (knowledge of US and other GAAPs is advantageous)
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills, together with the ability to communicate results clearly and simply in verbal and written English
- Can demonstrate end to end ownership of complex tasks with multiple stakeholders, prioritizing multiple concurrent tasks
- Strong attention to detail and a strong bias toward action
- An ambitious, proactive team player who feels accountable for the full team delivery and contributes to a great team spirit
- Master’s Degree in Finance or Accounting required, or an equivalent accountancy qualification (eg ACA) plus 1-2 years of post-Masters/qualification experience
Apply with you CV in English
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, remotely within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
- Typ av kontrakt
- Heltidsjobb (förstajobb)
- Typ av jobb
- Civilingenjör / Arkitekt, IT
- Körkort önskas
- Tillgång till bil önskas
- Personligt brev krävs