The best place to work in the Global Automotive Industry. Join us on this exciting journey into the future, we want to hear from you!
Software development that makes a difference
We dream big, get things done, have fun, and we make a difference. At Volvo Cars, we are making bold digital visions come true. We aim to lead in the automotive world by creating a digital ecosystem built around making our customers' lives less complicated. Now we are looking for curious, creative people who want to change the world through innovative thinking.
Volvo Cars will create a new Direct To Consumer, premium insurance offer – the most personal, easiest to use and best value available for our customers. We leverage new technologies, business models, progressive partnerships, integrated seamless experience and data, to create competitive, hard-to-copy solutions.
Would you like to be part of the team that turns the latest technologies and digital solutions into safety and savings for our customers?
We are now looking for an Engineering Manager to help build up a new product team in the exciting new space of InsurTech. We also like this to happen while everyone has a fun and joyful time at work since we believe this is a key ingredient in a creative environment! In essence, we are looking for someone that's passionate about coaching and developing great engineering teams, facilitating good teamwork, while building fantastic products.
Together with your peers in Product and Design, you will drive the discovery and delivery of new exciting services, to make people’s lives with Volvo safer, easier and more personal.
What you’ll do:
• Support your product team by ensuring they are constantly growing their engineering skills, while solving complex technical problems that deliver great value to our users.
• Lead and grow a team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, inspiring, feedback and hands-on personal career development
• Ensure through crisp execution and experimentation that our of technical solutions meet the needs of our users quickly and accurately
• Be the voice of engineering in the product team leadership trio through a friendly and effective collaboration with your product- and UX counterparts
• Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and foster good engineering and organizational practices
• Help ensure that our solutions are scalable, sustainable, architecturally sound and technical debt is both incurred consciously and repaid in a reasonable time
• Be an active member of the cluster engineering leadership team and collaborate with other leaders across the organization
• Be based in either Stockholm, Gothenburg or Lund, but will occasionally travel to other Volvo Cars locations to meet with your colleagues there
Who you are:
• A person that loves leading, develop, inspire and grow an engineering organisation, and have previous experience doing so.
• Someone that possess a deep understanding of how to translate product and business goals into sound technical solutions, and can coach your team in doing the same
• As a software technology company, we value leaders with a solid prior background in software development and passion for technology since we believe this allows you to effectively support and grow your team members in their field.
• You have empathy and understand that every individual and situation has their specific needs and can adapt your leadership style accordingly
• You fully embrace a growth mindset, and have the ability to inspire others to do the same
Who are we?
Everything we do starts with people. Our purpose is to provide freedom to move, in a personal, sustainable and safe way. We are committed to simplifying our customers’ lives by offering better technology solutions that improve their impact on the world and bringing the most advanced mobility innovations to protect them, their loved ones and the people around them.
Volvo Cars’ continued success is the result of a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive working environment. The people of Volvo Cars are committed to making a difference in our world. Today, we are one of the most well-known and respected car brands, with over 40,000 employees across the globe. We believe in bringing out the best in each other and harnessing the true power of people. At Volvo Cars your career is designed around your talents and aspirations so you can reach your full potential. Join us on a journey of a lifetime as we create safety, autonomous driving and electrification technologies of tomorrow.
Ange nedan vart du önskar arbeta och glöm inte bort att ange din e-postadress!