On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
The Global Society team, as part of the Communications & Strategy Group, is looking for a Visual & Graphic Designer. You are a critical member of a cross-functional and internationally diverse team consisting of communication experts, analysts and marketers, working to enhance Klarna's global narrative, ensuring it is well-known, understood, and trusted among various internal and external stakeholders.(Brand) Designers at Klarna are fundamental players in the strategy, conception and design of beautiful and meaningful ideas and products. Bringing exceptional creative thought, keen eye for detail, immaculate aesthetic taste and well-crafted execution, the designers shape innovative brand experiences and possess broad, versatile and up-to-date knowledge of the most innovative communication and design trends.
The successful candidate will own and ensure the visual and graphic aspect and content of our key strategic communication products across different channels remain best-in-class, demonstrating and enhancing our strategic narrative in the most compelling and captivating way. They are granted a generous amount of flexibility and autonomy to operate and define how they add value to the group and Klarna’s strategic objectives.
Who You Are:
We're looking for someone who is genuinely curious about Klarna and the increasingly broad context in which we operate, how we engage stakeholders and our impact on society. The ideal candidate loves to tell stories and is always looking for innovative ways to communicate insights. The work done in the team is quite varied and so you must be able to operate as a ‘swiss-army knife’ when necessary, capable of much more than just design, but willing to contribute also to the strategic development of our communication products and narratives. You must be able to develop theoretical and often ambiguous ideas into cohesive concepts and present them in various forms - written text, visuals, and slides.
You are a self-starter and problem solver who will take a task and explore a variety of ways to deliver it in the most optimal manner, using your own initiative and ideas to deliver on goals. You are driven, proactive, delivery focused and optimistic. Given the team often reports directly to the C-suite leadership, you must be strategic in your mindset as well as in the detail, with a keen attention to quality, constantly thinking beyond your scope. You must be able to operate under uncertain, challenging and constantly changing conditions, achieving a lot with limited resources. In exchange, you will have the autonomy to lead, drive forward and create impactful work that is business critical and published externally.
This is an entry to mid level position. We are looking for someone who is willing to grow and learn and is flexible to work with our brand guidelines. An upcoming wizard with form and shape, execution and willing to share your experience and knowledge with the team.
- Brand Development: Craft and refine Klarna's brand, guidelines, and templates in their application to Klarna’s strategic communication products, to ensure a consistent and impactful presence across various channels and user journeys.
- Design Excellence: Deliver compelling visual and motion designs that amplify our Global Society and Partnership narratives, ensuring they are compelling, captivating and resonate with the intended audience.
- Innovation: Bring fresh, creative ideas for Klarna’s messaging across all touchpoints, maintaining brand integrity.
- Collaborative Design: Work closely with designers, copywriters, UX specialists, and product designers to align communication tones with our design principles.
- Quality Assurance: Oversee designs from external agencies and teams, ensuring top-tier quality, execution, and delivery across digital and potential physical platforms.
- AI Integration: Proactively seek and implement Artificial Intelligence solutions where relevant to elevate team productivity and enhance our work.
- Feedback Management: Engage with teams to gather feedback, ensuring it's accurately captured, validated, and integrated into designs.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Present design concepts and outcomes clearly to internal stakeholders, with a focus on engaging C-suite leaders.
Skills You Possess:
- Strong skills in creating visual content for social media and digital platforms, including Adobe Creative Suit, Figma and Google Workspace (Slides, Sheets, Docs etc).
- Visual art direction as well as motion skills.
- Exceptional design & layout skills, great eye for composition, colour, typography and a hunger for creating bold visual design with a portfolio that proves it.
- A strong interest in how design affects user experience. A passion for what’s next. Our designers have their eyes forward, bringing innovative techniques to how we communicate with audiences.
- Remain flexible and positive if designs need to change or direction is modified.
- Ability to work quickly and under pressure without compromising on delivering quality results or organisation.
- Strategic and operational thinking.
You Will Have:
- A can-do attitude. Self-motivated problem solver, detail-oriented, dedication, positive attitude and flexibility. You get things done, even beyond your core design capabilities towards team tasks, initiatives and goals.
- Capable of managing multiple stakeholders of varying seniority levels.
- Exceptional English skills in written and oral communication.
- Team player and motivated by proficiently executing tasks that support the whole team and broader Comms & Strategy group.
- 3+ years of proven experience in above mentioned fields.
Stockholm, London or Berlin
Please note that we don't offer relocation assistance for this role.
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, hybrid within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
- Typ av kontrakt
- Heltidsjobb (förstajobb)
- Typ av jobb
- Civilingenjör / Arkitekt, IT
- Körkort önskas
- Tillgång till bil önskas
- Personligt brev krävs