The best place to work in the Global Automotive Industry. Join us on this exciting journey into the future, we want to hear from you!
Can you engineer a brighter tomorrow?
Reality has made it clear that the actions we take in the next few years will significantly impact our future. Embracing the need for change, Volvo Cars is committed to spearheading the charge in automotive electrification. In this role, you'll play a crucial part in an exciting transformation journey that will change how the world views mobility. Are you ready for a new opportunity?
The Studio Engineering Exterior group belongs to Product Design. Our workplace has a very inspiring atmosphere, it’s is a unique place where we contribute to the future of our brand. Our mindset is to deliver top quality products and we always strive for perfection. The variety of challenges we are facing is broad and we need to be flexible to always find the best solution. Therefore working at Product Design never gets boring!
The Studio Engineering Exterior group is located at the Design Head office in Gothenburg. Main responsibilities are to assure that the Exterior Digital Surface Models from Product Design are delivered according to agreed quality level. Secure that all technical solutions analysed in Catia V5 are maximized to meet the Design intention and deliver geometrical CAD data to all physical Design models. The work is done in close cooperation with Product Designers, Digital Surface Modelers, Design Program Managers, Physical Model Project Leaders and Product & Quality.
What you’ll do
As an Exterior Studio Engineer you work very closely with the Exterior Designers and DSM-modelers, participating in various Design Reviews with Design Management. You have tight contact with Engineers and Suppliers, when needed you are attending workshops. You are a well-organized technical experienced person that is great with communication. Catia knowledge is a given but this position includes a lot of Project Management as well.
As a Studio Engineer Exterior you are responsible to:
• Secure Technical Input and ensure complete Final Technical Input in program.
• Support Technology Expert at Product Design.
• Support in improving all our Way Of Work methods together with Engineering to secure Technical Input and DSM-deliveries.
• Improve Implement Best Practises in current and future programs.
• Secure Exterior Feasibility Report at DSM-release Studio Gateway.
• Secure up-to-date competence in continuity. i.e Benchmark all competitors.
• Support organisation with facts, technical information and earlier project experiences.
• Be updated on existing manufacturing methods and technologies.
• Support Expert Studio Engineer initiate advanced studies to meet Design intention.
• Challenge and drive new technical solutions to support Design intention.
What you’ll bring
• Master of Mechanical Engineering.
• Understanding of what is important in the different program phases for new vehicle.
• Ability to prioritize your daily work to support Design in the most efficient way.
• Ability to understand and communicate the Design intention.
• Good understanding how to realize the Design intention in a feasible way.
• Well documented Catia V5 and TeamCenter experience.
• Work Experience from Exterior projects within Product Design.
Volvo related experience is a merit
• Has been part of Volvo Cars Global Graduate program and has a diploma.
• Previous experience from Exploratory Design at Volvo Cars Design department.
• Previous experience of Complete vehicle integration setup models & CV-specifications.
• Has been part strategic Micomobility projects.
As a Studio Engineer you are expected to have a big passion for cars and a mindset to always strive for the best possible product. You are not afraid of conflicts and you are determined to find the best solution to meet the Design intention. This requires a high level of creativity, cross functional cooperation, multi-tasking and good Catia V5 skills. You have the ambition to be a part of making Volvo Car Corporation a successful and sustainable premium car manufacturer.
Volvo Cars - Driving change together
Volvo Cars’ continued success is the result of a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive working environment. Today, we are one of the most well-known and respected car brands, with over 40,000 employees across the globe. At Volvo Cars, your career is designed around your skills and aspirations so you can reach your full potential.
For the right person, an inspiring, and creative workplace awaits. Did you know that every Volvo Cars employee worldwide has the right to our Family Bond, our new all-gender, paid parental leave policy? You’ll also enjoy a culture and benefits package that’s made us one of the world’s most awarded and progressive employers.
By 2025, we aim to sell 1.2 million cars annually, 50% of which will be electric vehicles and sold directly to customers through digital channels. Join us on the journey of a lifetime as we create the driving and electrification technologies of tomorrow.
Ange nedan vart du önskar arbeta och glöm inte bort att ange din e-postadress!