The best place to work in the Global Automotive Industry. Join us on this exciting journey into the future, we want to hear from you!
Software that makes a difference
At Volvo Cars, we are making bold digital visions come true. By building and expanding our digital ecosystem, we're making it easier for people to live simpler, safer, and more sustainable lives. We want to welcome more curious and creative engineers who want to change the world - one line of high-quality code at a time. Our transformation isn't for everyone, but if you're excited about solving the technological challenges facing the auto industry, then this role could be for you.
This is us.
Volvo Cars have an aspiration to expand its in-house software development. At the department of Core System Software, we are part of this aspiration. Our teams are building the next generation high-performance in-vehicle compute cluster, designed to host different vehicle applications, stretching from basic vehicle state machines to advance active safety and unsupervised autonomous drive functionalities. This compute cluster will be launched in our coming generation of pure electric and self-driving Volvo models. Our task is to create a safe, reliable, and secure software that serve as a platform for our stakeholders and partners to deploy and innovate their applications on.
The department Core System Software consists of three Agile Release Trains (ART). One of them, ART Core Platform System, are responsible for systemization, overall quality measurement and release of the Core Compute Platform Software. We are also responsible to provide our department with tools, infrastructure, and software operations.
We are looking for a Configuration Manager for our Core Compute product release area.
What you´ll do?
As a Configuration Manager, your primary responsibility is to ensure that our core compute platform is configured, controlled, and managed consistently. You will oversee and enforce the process of controlling changes to our product and ensuring traceability of product releases and documentation throughout the entire life cycle. This includes version control of software, hardware, and other critical components.
As Configuration Manager, your responsibility will be to:
• Define, implement and improve the configuration management processes, guidelines, and procedures for our Core Compute Platform, to ensure consistency and control over the codebase, hardware, CI and documentation.
• Manage our version control to track changes over the complete life cycle. E.g., ensure that all software changes, including bug fixes and feature enhancements, are tracked, reviewed, and approved through a formal change management process.
• Conduct configuration audits to verify that the releases comply with the established configuration management processes, guidelines, and procedures.
• Provide training and guidance to software developers and other stakeholders on configuration management policies, procedures, and tools, to foster a culture of quality and collaboration.
Do you fit the profile?
As an individual, you are recognized for your results-driven approach, leveraging your strong analytical mindset and ability to execute complex tasks independently. You possess a collaborative approach, with a proven ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders and build strong relationships. You are known for your ability to make progress and deliver results also in situations of uncertainty or change.
To be considered for this role, you should meet most of the following requirements:
• Previous experience from roles related to configuration change management
• Ability to identify areas that should be placed under configuration management control.
• Knowledge of version control systems and branching strategies.
• Familiarity with DevOps methodologies and their integration with configuration management
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
You probably have a M.Sc. degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or comparable experience. Fluency in spoken and written English is required.
Want to know more?
We’re excited to receive and review your application. If you want more information about the role and its responsibilities or simply learn a bit more about the team, please reach out to the hiring manager Ellinor Carlén at firstname.lastname@example.org. or the recruiter Malgorzata Dziczek at email@example.com
Please note that due to GDPR we only accept applications via our Recruitment Tool.
Volvo Cars - Driving change together
Volvo Cars’ continued success is the result of a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive working environment. Today, we are one of the most well-known and respected car brands, with over 40,000 employees across the globe. At Volvo Cars, your career is designed around your skills and aspirations so you can reach your full potential.
For the right person, an inspiring, and creative workplace awaits. Did you know that every Volvo Cars employee worldwide has the right to our Family Bond, our new all-gender, paid parental leave policy? You’ll also enjoy a culture and benefits package that’s made us one of the world’s most awarded and progressive employers.
By 2025, we aim to sell 1.2 million cars annually, 50% of which will be electric vehicles and sold directly to customers through digital channels. Join us on the journey of a lifetime as we create the driving and electrification technologies of tomorrow.
Ange nedan vart du önskar arbeta och glöm inte bort att ange din e-postadress!