Who we are
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2000 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 90,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We are growing at 40% year on year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holsch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
To find out more about what it's like to work at Klarna:
We are on the search for a data scientist to help improve our provisioning and optimise our credit risk regulatory capital requirements. In this team you will work alongside a fellow data scientist. You will also have the ability to work with other experienced data scientists throughout the organization to help you grow your data science career. This is a great opportunity to use data science to impact and drive value for one of the core operating areas within Klarna.
What will you work on?
- Develop machine learning and statistical models to optimize for credit losses using both supervised and time series approaches
- Validate previously developed models as well as future models
- Perform model simulations
- Own and productionize your models
- Maintain and monitor your models in production
What will you need to be successful in this role?
- Show a strong interest in the financial field.
- Any knowledge of regulatory modelling such as IFRS9, CRR and CRD IV is considered a bonus
- Strong programming skills in Python and SQL.
- Knowledge of R, SAP and how to build data pipelines is a bonus
- University degree (Masters preferred) with a major in a highly technical/numerate major, i.e. statistics, mathematics, engineering etc.
- Work closely with a number of teams and exhibit the ability to communicate highly technical topics to non-technical audiencesBe innovative, cooperative, collaborative, open and have a flexible mindset with critical thinking
How to apply
Send your CV over in English.
Find out what it’s like to work at Klarna here:
We can offer you an international working environment filled with smart and ambitious colleagues. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those from different backgrounds and experiences. As part of one of Europe’s fastest growing companies, you'll help play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level.
- Typ av kontrakt
- Heltidsjobb (förstajobb)
- Typ av jobb
- Civilingenjör / Arkitekt, IT
- Körkort önskas
- Tillgång till bil önskas
- Personligt brev krävs