Who we are
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2000 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 90,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We are growing at 40% year on year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holsch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
To find out more about what it's like to work at Klarna:
Klarna strives to become the world’s favourite way to buy, and you can contribute to reaching this goal! We are looking to hire great people, who are passionate about using their talents to generate success. Data science is no exception! We are currently looking to grow our Data Science teams to satisfy the company’s ever increasing need for complex problem solving and data driven decision making.
What you will do
Data science at Klarna delivers value in several areas in the organisation. However, there is of course one thing in common for all of them - they consist of highly driven people with a combination of analytical skills and a great team spirit!
- Use machine learning to solve problems
- Work with SQL,R and or Python
- Analyse data with the end goal of detecting trends and make recommendations
- Design and implement strategies in a rapidly evolving industry
- Pro-actively and effectively communicate with various stakeholders, discussing the root cause of trends, assessing their impact and propose solutions/optimisations
- Support wider business objectives by providing analytical expertise on new products and system developments and collaborating closely with Commercial, Product, Engineering and other teams where relevant
- Develop as a professional in an entrepreneurial organisation that provides opportunity to work with your areas of interest
- Be involved in the whole process of model development. This includes everything from root cause analysis, data-mining and feature engineering to training, validating and implementing machine learning models, computing performance statistics and conducting A/B-tests
- Work closely with several engineering teams and business analysts to find new smart ways of consolidating data and making use of it in order to make better models and ultimately better predictions.
Who you are
- Klarna is looking for ambitious people with significant drive! You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to produce best work results! At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent.
You should have
- A degree from a university in a highly technically numerate subject (e.g. Maths, Physics, Engineering or Economics)
- Applicable work experience
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
You might also have
- Successfully worked with large datasets to deliver business value
- Built and implemented machine learning models
- Strong conceptual ability
- Strong Data extraction and manipulation skills
- Some good coding skills (R, Python, C++ etc.)
How to apply
Send over a CV in English.
We can offer you an international working environment filled with smart and ambitious colleagues. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those from different backgrounds and experiences. As part of one of Europe’s fastest growing companies, you'll help play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level.
- Typ av kontrakt
- Heltidsjobb (förstajobb)
- Typ av jobb
- Civilingenjör / Arkitekt, IT
- Körkort önskas
- Tillgång till bil önskas
- Personligt brev krävs