Who we are
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2500 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 130,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We are growing at 40% year on year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holsch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
To find out more about what it's like to work at Klarna:
Klarna is growing faster than ever
Our services needs to continuously evolve to meet the expectations that our customers set for the Klarna group.
In order to enable even more growth while increasing reliability and availability on those services we are now in need of more passionate system engineers. We are looking for two engineers to join our Core Platform team out of Stockholm, Sweden.
Our mission is to protect, provide for, and progress the software and systems behind all of Klarna services.
Get in touch with us if you see something or many things you would enjoy from below.
- Be action-biased, you see it you own it. Customer focused.
- Automating repetitive and monotonous, boring tasks using your favourite version of Python.
- Measuring everything a system does or doesn't do.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting a wide range of hardware and software systems. Using monitoring and logging tools including Datadog, Splunk and similar.
- Responding to alerts and handling incidents of differing severities.
- Digging into linux based operating systems. Service lifecycle management (deployment, operations and decommission).
- Being a member of a geeky team and be proud of it. Participating in on-call duty rotation schedule on perfect weeks.